To support and promote the graduate-level education of students who belong to ethnic groups, Lagrant Foundation has started accepting application for its scholarships. There are twenty scholarships currently available for students at Lagrant Foundation. These funding opportunities come with wonderful perks. These funds will be used to alleviate the financial burden of full-time students at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S. who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents or DACA recipients. Applicants must be a member of one of the following group: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native.
Along with handsome award amount, recipients of the scholarships will get a trip to New York City, New York where they will get to participate in career-building activities consisting of a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, three career & professional development workshops and a scholarship and donor recognition reception. These funding programs provide financial support to students pursuing graduate or PhD degree to complete their education without any financial pressure and become what they ever wanted to be.
Lagrant Foundation is a non-profit organization formed in 1998 by Mr Kim L. Hunter in Los Angeles. The motive behind establishing this foundation was to address the lack of diversity in the advertising, marketing and public relations fields. This scholarship has provided scholarships, career development workshops, professional development, mentors and internships to African American/Black, American Indian/Native American, Asian American/Pacific Islander and Hispanic/Latino undergraduate and graduate students.
Have a look at this table to obtain quick information:
|Educational Level||Graduate and PhD|
|Subjects||Advertising, marketing or public relations|
|Number of Awards||20|
|Application Deadline||February 26, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
To become potential candidates, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents or DACA recipients;
- Applicants must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native;
- Recipients must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 9 units or more per semester/quarter
- Aspirants must have a minimum of 3.2 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below);
- Students must be majoring in a field of study that has an emphasis in advertising, marketing or public relations;
- Applicants must have a minimum of two academic semesters or one-year (not including summer semesters) left to complete his/her master’s degree from the time the scholarship is awarded in May 2021;
- Recipients must be available to participate in the scholarship activities from May 16-19, 2021. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF’s scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support.
How to Apply
The application process includes completing an online application form that must contain all typed information since the handwritten application is not accepted. You have to attach an offline application form to this online application as well.
The scholarships are valued at $3,750. Along with monetary support, candidates will receive a trip to New York City, New York where they will get to involve in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, three career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
Applications are open until February 26, 2021. If you are interested in getting these funding opportunities, then apply as soon as possible.