The American Advertising Federation of New Mexico is overwhelmed to announce it’s the Palm Schneider Memorial Scholarship. The program is meant to support the higher cost of studies faced by out-standing students.
The award is open for the New-Mexico full-time undergrad and grads students engaged in the advertising profession. The applicants need to be currently maintaining a marketing internship and also attending a New Mexico nonprofit or public educational institution.
The American Advertising Federation of New Mexico is a member club of the American Advertising Federation, is the network of top advertising professionals and educators. It helps business owners understand how marketing and advertising can elevate their brand.
Who May Eligible?
The students need to meet up with the below criteria to get considered:
- Must be a New Mexico resident enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student in his or her junior or senior year OR
- Must be a New Mexico resident enrolled as a graduate student
- Must be attending a New Mexico four-year nonprofit or public educational institution and in one of the following courses of study:
- Business with a marketing emphasis
- Journalism with an advertising emphasis
- Strategic communications
- Advertising and marketing
- Graphic design, Fine art, Photography, or Illustration while maintaining a career focus in advertising or public relations.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Must be maintaining a marketing internship
How to Apply
The interested students can fill out their information electronically by creating an account or Logging in to get considered for the program.
- Must submit a personal essay stating your career goals and what steps you will take to position yourself for a successful career in your chosen field. Your article should include why you have chosen this field of study and any relevant experience (e.g., internship, class projects) and activities
- A Current resume or vita
- An official transcript through the spring 2020 school year
- One reference letter from a current academic teacher or counsellor
- Optional – letter of reference from an employer on official letterhead
The scholarship program includes one to two awards up to $1,400 which will be granted annually. The recipient will be able to fulfil his/her educational expenses.
The application deadline to submit your documents is June 4, 2020, until 5:00 PM MT.