EY announced the 2021 Better Working World Data Challenge for all university students and early career data scientists. This competition is conducted to solve the world’s toughest problems and asking unasked questions by putting the participants’ skills to test. These problems include how the power of data and science can improve the way society responds to global issues. The EY 2021 challenge allows students and data scientists to use their skills to make a real-world impact and improve bushfire management. Wildfires are a significant, rising, and international problem that keeps increasing in severity and frequency. Eligible Candidates’ inputs can help save properties, lives, and wildlife by letting fire authorities warn the right period at the right time at the right place through effective and efficient usage of finite resources.
Different organizations conduct international challenges to solve world problems. Data science challenges can help improve, solve and prevent ongoing environmental issues like wildfires. The winners can get cash prizes to further their research and education while simultaneously having a significant impact on communities and societies. Also, different challenges have different requirements and problems. They are conducted nationally and even internationally so that entrants can have the chance to meet a variety of people from different nationalities.
EY has always strived for the betterment of the working world. Their quality services and insights have helped them build confidence and trust among capital markets and international economies. EY has developed and promoted outstanding leaders who can deliver their own promises to their stakeholders. By doing this, the EY organization plays a vital role in building a better working world for everyone, including their own people, clients, and communities. The purpose EY set for themselves act like the North Star, which guides over 300,000 people by providing them context and meaning for their work every day.
Refer to the below table for more details of the scholarship:
|Organization||Ernst & Young Global Limited|
|Educational Level||College or university students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||June 15, 2021|
|Requirement||Completed Data Science Challenges’ Results|
Who May Be Eligible
- Any college or university student with an interest in data science
- Less than two years of professional experience data scientists, but they would need to pay to use Azure
How to Apply
Participants must complete the following two components:
- Challenge 1: Build a system to detect fire-edges in infrared line-scan images
- Challenge 2: Build a system to map the location and behavior of fire-edges in satellite images
- They can submit their results on the official EY website between March 24, 2021, and June 15, 2021. Individuals can enter solo or form a team of up to four members. Multiple submissions are allowed, but the maximum submission per day is one.
- Completed Data Science Challenges’ Results
- Students can get free access to Azure, A cutting-edge technology stack by Microsoft, along with free IT Certifications also by Microsoft.
- Candidates can access training and tutorials with the opportunity to collaborate with many others all around the world
- Entrants can have the chance to win up to USD 10,000 in cash
- Selected thirty finalists in each challenge can win mentoring from EY
All submissions for the 2021 challenge must be made by midnight, June 15, 2021 (GMT).