World Historian Association is searching for young writers who hold the ability to become the leader in the writing world for its World Historian Student Essay Competition. This is an international contest inviting students enrolled in K–12 in public, private, and parochial schools and home-study programs. The intention of this program is to give motivation push to the students with a genuine interest in this field and a platform to show their talent to others. Becoming a part of this program does not require membership of the association. So if you are a writing enthusiast, this World Historian Student Essay Competition would like to have you as a participant.
The contest will provide a fantastic cash prize along with a one-year membership in the WHA to all winners. What participants need to do is compose a fantastic essay on this year’s theme and send it to the organization to get selected. The winners will be chosen based on the quality of content, so you need to be careful about what to write and how to write. For this year, the theme which has been selected is “In what way has the study of world history affected my understanding of the world in which I live?” Most of us might be interested in reading about the world’s history. Wars, protests, campaigns, laws, biographies of great people who left their marks on the world we live in, there are many things that our history contains and is interesting. Keeping this in mind, this association has designed this program that is wonderful.
World Historian Association has been working as a leading group of scholars, teachers, and students. It was formed to promote world history by encouraging teaching, research, publications, and personal interactions. It was established in 1982 by a group of university faculty and secondary-school teachers. The founders of this organization were determined to address the needs of a newly emerging historical sub-discipline. This organization supports activities that increase historical awareness, understanding among peoples, and global consciousness.
Get quick information through this table:
|Organization||World Historian Association|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||May 01, 2022|
Who May Be Eligible
Students in grades K–12 in public, private, and parochial schools and those in home-study programs are invited to apply.
How to Apply
Candidates will have to compose an essay that addresses the issue: In what way has the study of world history affected my understanding of the world in which I live? The submission will be judged based on the following:
- Clear thesis;
- Elaboration on the thesis with specific, concrete, personal example(s);
- Evidence of critical thinking, such as synthesis and evaluation, when reflecting on the essay question;
- Organization and fluency; and
- The overall effectiveness of the student’s ability to communicate his or her connection with the study of world history—in other words, how well has the student described the experience of being changed by a better understanding of world history?
Candidates can send their essay via email to Susan Smith email@example.com. They can forward their entry via mail to:
Maple Grove Senior High
9800 Fernbrook Lane N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369-9747
Applicants will need to send the following materials as separate attachments to the same email address, with the subject line World Historian Student Essay:
- The paper, and
- A page with identifying information (author, title of paper, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and name of school)
- Submissions for the K–12 World Historian Award must be approximately 1,000 words.
- Number all pages except for the title page. All pages are to be double-spaced. Use 12-point Times New Roman Font. Margins are to be 1 inch left and right, and top and bottom.
- An essay must be composed in Microsoft Word.
- The author’s identity is to appear nowhere on the paper.
- A separate, unattached page should be sent along with the essay, identifying the author, title of the paper, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and school name.
Aspirants will receive a $500 prize from recognizing young scholars and a one-year membership in the WHA. This program will help them gain recognization and become a part of WHA. It will also give them motivation pus to their writing career and make things easier for them.
The application deadline is May 01, 2022. Submit your entry on or before this date for the best consideration.