The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute is happily launching its NYU Female Founders Fellowship for the year 2020. The candidates who will be considered for the program are undergraduate, and graduate student entrepreneurs enrolled in a degree program from any NYU school or college is also welcome to apply to recent alumni entrepreneurs who have graduated during the last year and started their venture while studying at NYU.
The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute created the award to provide extensive training, mentorship, and networking opportunities to student entrepreneurs at NYU who are committed to advancing gender equality in entrepreneurship. The recipients will be getting full financial support to accomplish their education and projects.
The NYU Entrepreneurial Institute works to lead University-wide initiatives to launch successful startups and commercialize technology created by its 60,000 students, faculty, and researchers help. They are a team of startup experts who offer educational programming and events and help identify aspiring entrepreneurs’ funding opportunities. They help startups startup by guiding entrepreneurs, inspiring would-be entrepreneurs, and cross-pollinating students and faculty from different disciplines,
Get more details about the scholarship in the table below:
|Organization||NYU Entrepreneurial Institute|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate/ Graduate Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||November 16, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested Candidates looking forward to applying must meet up with the given criteria to be eligible:
- NYU undergraduate and graduate student entrepreneurs participating in a degree programme at any NYU school or college are actively working on a start-up company.
- Recent alumni entrepreneurs who have graduated within the last year (at the time of application) and who started their venture while studying at NYU are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants pursuing ventures in any sector may apply, such as social impact, healthcare, biotech, deep tech, consumer products, enterprise technology, etc.
- Independent of the sector, the program has a strong preference for entrepreneurs tackling significant problems, building novel/differentiated solutions, and for businesses capable of radically scaling (including non-profits).
- Applicants need to be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the issue they want to solve and prove that they and their team have the expertise they need to develop and launch their company. Applicants must also show continued progress and progress on the company, expecting that after graduation they will continue to work on their start-up.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they and their ventures are advancing causes important to women and are supporting gender equality in entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be able to benefit from and take advantage of the tools available. A meeting with the Entrepreneurial Institute for coaching appointments and completing a Startup Bootcamp in advance of applying is one way for applicants to demonstrate initiative.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants can apply for the scholarships program by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1- Suggested Pre-Requisite: Schedule a coaching appointment and apply for and complete a Startup Bootcamp or Tech Venture Workshop.
- Step 2 – Apply for Fellowship: The NYU Female Founders Fellowship shares an application with the NYU Startup Sprint, and students are encouraged to apply for both programs.
- Step 3 -: Fellows will receive notification of their acceptance for the program w/in one month after applications are due.
- Step 4 – Pre-Requisite: Actively participate in both the fellowship programming (for at least one semester) and a Startup Sprint(January-Term or Summer), as well as in six months or more of startup coaching with the coaching team at the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute. (Participation in additional entrepreneurship programs, such as the Ignite Fellowship, NYU Entrepreneurs Challenge, NYU Summer Launchpad, or other programs is also highly encouraged but not required).
- Step 5 – Apply for Financial Award: At the time of graduation, fellows may apply for the Award for Student Loan Alleviation Grants. More details forthcoming in February 2021.
- Step 6 – Awardee Selection: Details forthcoming in February 2021.
Below are the benefits which will be acquired by the recipients of the program:
- Female Founders Fellows will have the opportunity to apply for loan alleviation grants of up to $50,000. This is an opportunity for NYU student entrepreneurs to build networks with renowned founders and investors across the US, to hone their leadership skills, and to get financial support for their ventures and to help alleviate their student loan debt, all while contributing to closing the gender gap in entrepreneurship.
- Startup Sprint: Two week-long intensive programs to help startup ventures find problem-solution fit (taking place in January and May/June). Sprint teams will be granted $1,000 at the start of the program and be eligible for up to $1,500 in follow-on funding (in reimbursable expenses).
- Summer Launchpad Interview: Fellows will automatically be guaranteed an interview for the highly competitive NYU Summer Launchpad Accelerator.
The next Female Founders Fellowship applications will be due on November 16th by 6 pm. Eligible students are asked to submit their applications by the deadline to get considered.