Do you have an interest in music? Arkansas Chamber Singers is offering the Choral/Vocal Music Scholarship for the students having an interest in music. Students who are graduating seniors or are high school graduates planning to major in music with an emphasis on vocal and choral at an accredited four-year institution of higher education are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The purpose of introducing the Choral/Vocal Music Scholarship is to support students passionate about music and help them achieve success. The mission in the focus of the scholarship is to encourage and promote the art of choral music. The scholarship will grant financial benefits to students so that they can acquire the knowledge and master the skills that will lead to the highest quality of choral music performance.
Arkansas Chamber Singers founded in 1979 is a performing arts organization. It is dedicated to presenting and promoting the art of choral singing to audiences throughout the state. Over the time the Arkansas Chamber Singers group has advanced a stellar reputation for its interpretation and delivery of a wide-ranging collection of choral literature.
The given table shall present more details of the scholarship to the entrant:
|Organization||Arkansas Chamber Singers|
|Educational Level||High School Graduate|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||January 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Essay, Transcript, Letter of recommendation|
Who May be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria of selection for the Choral/Vocal Music Scholarship is as follows-
- The applicant must notify as a graduating senior from a public or private high school in Arkansas.
- The applicant must possess a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0.
- The applicant must plan to major in music with an emphasis in choral or vocal performance at an accredited institution to seek higher education.
- The student applicant must also be enrolled in the choral music curriculum at the high school.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Choral/Vocal Music Scholarship, the applicant must fill in the application form. The applicant must fill in the application form adequately along with the supporting documents.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A typewritten essay of about 300 words detailing your desire to have a career in the field of music.
- Official high school transcript.
First place winner will receive $1000, and the second-place winner will receive $500. The winner will be able to use this award as an incentive to pursue their passion for music. The students will be able to offset the cost of educational expenses for studying music.
The scholarship application for the Choral/Vocal Music Scholarship is postmarked by January 1, 2021.