Students interested in musicianship and looking forward to pursuing it in their careers have an extraordinary chance to grab. The Musicians Institute is warmly welcoming the newly enrolling and current/returning guitar student with enrollment at 12 units during the award period’s full length. Applicants can be United States citizens or international students to apply.
Musicians Institute decided to introduce this award to help and appreciate students with a melodic voice. The candidates who express their unique voice as a soloist on the instrument in any musical style will be awarded adequate funds. These funds will help them cope up with any of the higher education costs.
Musicians Institute was founded in the heart of Hollywood in 1977. Musicians Institute (MI) works as a College of Contemporary Music built on the idea that musicians should teach and learn from other musicians in a creative, supportive environment. Musicians Institute offers a complete education in every aspect of the music industry, including instrumental performance, DJ & producing skills, composing for video games, audio engineering, guitar building, music business, and training in the latest music technology.
More details about the scholarships are mentioned in the table below:
|Educational Level||Freshmen students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||November 1, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, YouTube Video|
Who May Be Eligible?
Students are asked to take a glance over the given criteria:
- Open to newly enrolling and currently enrolled AA (Guitar) students.
- International students and U.S. citizens are eligible to apply.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are not eligible.
- Awardees must maintain enrollment at 12 units (full-time status) during the full length of the award period. And, failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in the program for the full duration of the scholarship will result in the award’s withdrawal.
- May only be applied to the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) Program. Certificate, MI Select, Bachelor’s programs are not eligible.
How to Apply
Candidates who are eligible for the scholarship program can apply electronically through an online application form. Students will require submitting their asked documents and information along with a YouTube video mentioned below. Applicants must complete their application to get consideration for the award.
- YouTube video URL
- Your YouTube video must contain at a minimum: you performing three songs that demonstrate your improvisational melodic soloing abilities in any genre on the electric and acoustic guitar.
- Applicants are also required to include three live ensembles (band or duo) performances.
Musicians Institute will award a $1,500.00 tuition credit for the first quarter of the program. The total award amount will be divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship, which is a one-time award). These scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship program is March 5th, 2021. Students are asked to submit their videos by the given date to get consideration.