Outstanding students need the outstanding opportunity to flaunt their career just the way they want! If you are a top scholar at North Dallas High School planning to enroll in the South Methodist University, then you have good news! SMU is announcing a fantastic Robert H. Dedman Scholarship for North Dallas High school scholars in the memory of Mr. Dedman. Students holding a class rank in the top 10% of the graduating class are happily welcomed to apply.
The program is created to appreciate the generosity and supporting attitude of Mr. Dedman. Mr. Dedman was an outstanding student at North Dallas High School and represented the school as a top debater and baseball letterman. He followed up a successful law career with the founding of club corp. Mr. Dedman has served as chairman of the board of trustees. This program encourages excellent students from entering SMU to do better in their academic years.
South Methodist University is one of the leading universities in the country providing students with ample opportunities and all the needed assistance in terms of finance as well as proper mentoring. The university provides excellent expert faculties having immense knowledge in their respective fields. It has more than 100 majors and 85 minors for the students to choose from as well as double and triple significant opportunities and accelerated degree programs.
Table of Contents
|Educational Level||North Dallas High School students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
Who May Be Eligible?
Here are the eligibility requirements for the students to be considered for this program:
- The applicant should be a North Dallas high school student entering the Southern Methodist University with an outstanding academic record.
- The student is expected to be in the top 10% of the graduating class in the class rank.
- The fellow is expected to have a grade average of 90 or better on a 100 point scale.
- An applicant is expected to have some involvement outside of the classroom within the school and or community.
- Candidate must complete the admission process and be accepted to the SMU before being considered for the scholarship.
- A student must be admitted into the fall term directly following their high school graduation.
How to Apply
The admission applications at SMU should be sent and accepted to proceed further. Dedman scholarship application information is available in the North Dallas High School counseling office. Candidates should make sure their admission applications are enough to be considered for this program.
- Admission application
- The materials to verify your eligibility
This scholarship provides full tuition and fees, room, and board for its recipients totaling over $2,88,000 over a four-year period. Two students will be selected to provide the benefits of this scholarship. This scholarship keeps students aware of maintaining an excellent academic record.
Applications are open to apply.