To support in furthering the academic efforts of animation college students, Women in Animation (WIA) has presented a wonderful scholarship program. This scheme will benefit those who will exhibit artistic talent, a passion for animation, a financial need, and a promising future in the same industry. To be eligible to become a part of this opportunity, candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of this program. This scholarship is the right fit for those who are studying various aspects of animation production from schools all over the world and have identified themselves as women, transgender or non-binary. Moreover, having WIA student membership and being in the second year of the degree program are required.
Applications for this program will be accepted from October 15 until early November 2021. So make sure your entry reaches the organization during this time period. Animation is considered to be one of those industries that have gained rapid success. This field is prospering, and thereby there are many careers and employment opportunities that emerged in past years. To touch the new height of success and keep running on the path of progress, the animation industry needs more leaders who can bring a positive difference to the animation world. Women in Animation understand this fact very well, and that is the reason they are giving animation students good potential to go further in their careers through this scholarship program. If you are a student gaining knowledge of this area and aspire to work in the same field, then you can avail this opportunity by sending your application through WIA online portal.
Women in Animation Foundation was started in 1995 to advance women in the field of animation. It has been offering resources and connections to support women in this field so that one day they can share equally in the creation, production, and rewards of animation. This organization envisions the world where women are equally represented, both behind the scenes and on the screen, to take culture forward.
Check out the table given below for more information
|Organization||Women in Animation (WIA)|
|Education Level||Sophomore, junior and senior year of study, or graduate students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||Early November 2021|
Who is Eligible?
Please meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Applicants must be an active WIA member and identify as part of an underrepresented gender, including but not limited to female, non-binary, and transgender.
- If attending an accredited college of university, the applicant must be registered during the 2021-2022 academic school year as an undergraduate student in the sophomore, junior and senior year of study, or a graduate student.
- If the applicant is taking online courses, they must show proof of current and previous courses they have taken. This scholarship opportunity is for students who have taken classes previously
- Major: any field and aspect of animation production
- Cumulative GPA of 2.85 minimum on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants do not need to be US citizens or permanent residents to apply. In compliance with U.S. federal regulations, any non-U.S.citizen who receives a scholarship from WIA must not be listed on the published “Specially Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
- Aspirants must be aged 18+
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply
How to Apply?
Candidates will have to fill out an online application form with all correct and complete information. The form should reach the organization in a timely manner along with the required documents given below.
- One personal statement
- Samples of work
- A copy of your resume
- A headshot
- One letter of recommendation
- One of the following documents to show proof of enrollment as a current full-time student
- A school transcript
- Recommended but not required
This scholarship will provide monetary support to students to cover their expenses associated with education. Winners can lessen their financial burden and take their learning journey to the next level without facing any hassle on the way.
Applications are open until Early November 2021. Late entry will lead to disqualification.