Against the Grain Production is establishing an enormous Artistic Scholarship program. The U.S high school seniors and college students engaged in visual and performing arts and also currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university or college are eligible to apply.
The award will provide assistance to the deserving students to cover any of their tuition, fee and books expenses. The amount will also support them to complete their higher education with less burden of the cost of studies.
Against The Grain Productions is a traditional nonprofit organization. It works to find unconventional, innovative and entertaining ways to promote leadership, positive identity, unity and artistry in the Asian American community
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
Candidates must review the given requirements to apply for the scholarship program:
- Must be of at least 25% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Must be either a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. vocational, junior college or four-year college/university and must be a full- time, associate or bachelor or master degree-seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year
- Must be pursuing a major in the visual or performing arts (film, theatre, fashion, photography, graphic design, dance, music, journalism, mass communications, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
- Family members of Board members are not eligible for the program
How to Apply
Students who are interested in the Scholarship are asked to complete an online application form. The candidates providing the complete form will be able to enjoy the award amount.
- Letters of recommendation
- Phone/in-person committee interview
- An essay of 500 words describing “How can (your) art affect change in a community?”
- An Answer of maximum 300 words to the question “What does it mean to you to go Against The Grain? How do you go Against The Grain?”
This Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship includes an award of $1,000. The students will be able to cover their tuition fees, books, etc.
The online application forms for the program are open until May 31, 2022.