Western Reserve Herb Society is now supporting the education of horticulture students through its amazing scholarship opportunities. These schemes will benefit those who are attending an accredited college or university in the United States and have achieved a grade point. Eligible applicants must have completed their sophomore year of undergraduate study. If you are planning a career in the field of horticulture and have exceptional dedication for this field, then you can take advantage of these wonderful opportunities.
Western Reserve Herb Society brings each year two scholarship programs for undergraduate students who are studying horticulture or related field. These programs are designed to promote and support higher education in horticulture. This financial support can contribute in preparing students to become leaders in this booming field. These scholarships will help students complete their undergraduate studies on debt and stress-free. Educational expenses pose lots of pressure on students that make them unable to focus on their education. Earning financial backing can prove a boon for students in such a scenario.
Western Reserve Herb Society has been working toward furthering the knowledge and use of herbs. It was formed in 1943, and after some time of its establishment, it became a unit of The Herb Society of America. The members of this organization get not only the advantages of being WRHS members but also the benefits of membership in a national organization. The foundation provides its members with lectures, symposia and chance to make herbal products, growing herbs, field trips and gardening.
You can check out the table given below to get quick information:
|Organization||Western Reserve Herb Society|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||February 28, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Applicants are required to meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed the 2nd/Sophomore year of undergraduate study;
- Aspirants must be attending an accredited college or university in the United States;
- Participants must demonstrate exceptional dedication to horticulture;
- Applicants must have achieved a grade point average of 3.2 or above.
How to Apply
All candidates must complete an online application form given at Western Reserve Herb Society’s official website to get the fund.
Send one letter of recommendation, which must be from an instructor. Please mention your name in the subject line of the recommendation forwarded.
Also, you need to send two separate essays adding anything else you consider pertinent to this application. Your name should appear as the header for each essay. The essays must have the following information:
- In the first essay, include your qualifications for this merit scholarship and what you are doing to achieve your educational goals.
- In the second one, describe your career and personal goals following graduation based upon your academic major. Answer the following question:
- With respect to the mission of the Western Reserve Herb Society, how do you propose to use your education, talents and ambition to improve public horticulture?
There are two scholarships available for horticulture students.
- Frances Sylvia Zverina Horticulture Scholarship – $12,500
- Western Reserve Herb Society Horticulture Scholarship – $10,500
Candidates are required to send their application by February 28, 2021. Any application reaches to the foundation after this date will not be entertained.