United University Professions is offering financial assistance to several students through their enormous scholarship programs. The programs are open to full-time SUNY postgraduate or professional school students. Applicants who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence, social justice issues, and labor ideals are cordially invited to apply. Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled at a SUNY campus are also encouraged to apply.
The UUP scholarship program award was created in 2010 to honor Scheuerman, who served as UUP president from 1993-2007; the UUP Scholarship Committee reviews applications. The committee will help out students in covering up their educational expenses. The funds will be great enough to accomplish their higher studies and goals.
United University Professions is the nation’s largest higher education union, representing the SUNY system’s faculty and professional staff referred to as professional faculty in the contract. This encompasses the 29 comprehensive, technical, specialized, and university centers of SUNY. The 29 campuses are broken into 32 chapters. These chapters include the campuses shown above and separate chapters for Buffalo Health Science Center, Stony Brook Health Science Center, and System Administration.
The given table shall furnish more details of the grants to the entrant:
|Organization||United University Professions|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate/Post-graduate Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
Who May Be Eligible?
Candidates must review the below eligibility criteria before starting their applications:
- Open to full-time SUNY postgraduate or professional school students who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence, social justice issues, and labor ideals
- Available to an undergraduate student or group of undergraduate students currently enrolled at a SUNY campus who have created any paper or documented any project related to social justice issues or topics
- Students from Puerto Rico who were impacted by Hurricane Maria to pursue their college studies at a SUNY four-year college or university
How to Apply
The committee is receiving applications for several scholarships through both online and offline portal. Students have to download the application form, fill it, and submit it by mail or email. The mailing address is UUP College Scholarship Fund c/o United University Professions P.O. Box 15143 Albany, NY 12212-9954, or the emailing address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are asked to submit their required credentials to make their applications a complete one.
- Transcripts: The student’s responsibility is to see that an official transcript is sent by the college registrar and received by the Trustees in the UUP office no later than 1 March. UUP is not responsible for any delays by the United States Postal Service (USPS) or any private delivery company.
- Applicants are required to submit only three Letters of Evaluation; it is suggested that applicants distribute at least four copies of the Letter of the Evaluation form to be sure the required three letters reach the Trustees within the time limit.
The scholarships provided by the United University Professions are mentioned-below:
- William E. Scheuerman Post Baccalaureate Scholarship- one-time scholarship of $3,000
- Steve Street Scholarship Award- one time $500 award
- UUP College Scholarship Fund Undergraduate Scholarship- Up to four one-time scholarships of $3,000
The deadline to apply for scholarship programs differs. Applicants can check out the main website for the deadlines and apply soon to consider the award.