Alabama State University is currently considering applications for its fantastic Academic Scholarships effective for the academic year 2020-2021. Students who have made accomplishments in their high school will be recruited for these programs regardless of their financial need. There is a need to send the separate application for these programs as candidates will be selected based on information provided in the admission application process. Applications for these scholarships are actively open for newly admitted undergraduate students of Alabama State University. You can get one of these amazing programs just by applying for admission.
There are currently four amazing scholarships available for all freshmen students of Alabama State University. These programs are intended to make ASU’s higher education accessible and attainable for promising students who hold the potential to increase the reputation of the university through their hard work. ASU wants to ensure that the financial burden is not the hinder in getting higher education for students. By providing backing to students who are academically talented and wish to give back society, the university can contribute to the development and advancement of the country.
Alabama State University was opened as a school for African-Americans in 1867. Now, this institution provides education to students from all races and around the world. Alabama State University is situated in Montgomery, Alabama, and is internationally renowned for its higher education, student-support and opportunities available across its campus. It is a dynamic and diverse university offering nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, from historic teacher education program to new, high-demand programs.
Please take a look at our given table to get quick information about the programs:
|Organization||Alabama State University|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Application Deadline||February 15, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility requirements vary from one scholarship to another. However, below we have given some basic requirements, please have a look:
- Candidates must be freshmen;
- Entrants should maintain a good academic record.
How to Apply
To qualify for these programs, candidates will need to take admission in an approved course first. Once, the applicants have been selected to study in an eligible program at ASU, they will get access to the scholarship application form. All candidates are requested to provide all the legit and complete information in this form.
- Presidential Academic Scholarship – Full tuition, books, required fees, and on-campus room and board for a maximum of eight semesters for freshmen and a maximum of six semesters for college transfer students.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship – Full tuition, required fees, and books for a maximum of eight semesters for freshmen and a maximum of six semesters for college transfer students.
- Academic Incentive Scholarship – Full tuition and $500 book award for a maximum of eight semesters for freshmen and a maximum of six semesters for college transfer students
- Black and Gold Scholarship -required fees, tuition, and/or on-campus room and board as follows: $2,000 per year or $4,000 per year. The award is for a maximum of eight semesters.
Applications will be received until February 15, 2021. Please send your application before or on this date.