To train the next generation of physician leaders in clinical informatics, UNC School of Medicine has designed exciting UNC Hospitals Clinical Informatics Fellowship Programs. These are wonderful programs that provide dynamic, mentored learning experience up to two fellows each year. For these fellowships, applications are invited from graduates and current trainees from all ABMS specialities/subspecialties. Entrants should be US citizens or hold a valid US immigration VISA that permits employment in the US. These programs will provide the opportunity for training and experiential learning in applied clinical informatics.
The purpose of these programs is to train fellows in an invigorating, supportive environment where they can apply their knowledge of clinical informatics and cultivate some useful skills. During their journey of fellowship, candidates will participate in learning activities and career planning that will not only help them enhancement of knowledge but also pave the way for a successful career. With the help of these fellowships, UNC intends to equip graduates with the tools that they need to succeed as clinical informatics physician leaders. Pursuing these fellowships will open the doors of lots of opportunities for candidates and help them become board certified in clinical informatics.
UNC School of Medicine is a professional school of the University of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It has been improving the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians and others whom they serve since its establishment. It is known for its leadership and excellence in areas like patient care, education, and research. It is ranked first in primary care education among all US schools of medicine and 6th among public peers in NIH research funding. It is committed to preparing the next generation of doctors and allied health professionals.
Check out the given table to find quick information about UNC Hospitals Clinical Informatics Fellowships:
|Organization||UNC School of Medicine|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Meeting the following requirements is mandatory:
- Candidates must be graduates or current trainees from all ABMS specialities/subspecialties;
- Entrants should be US citizens or hold a valid US immigration VISA that permits employment in the US. The UNC Hospitals Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program does not provide sponsorship for any type of immigration VISA.
- Aspirants must have successfully completed all US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) requirements or if a foreign graduate, all Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requirements;
- Candidates should have successfully completed residency training in an ABMS primary speciality or fellowship training in an ABMS subspecialty or are currently in the final year of training in a primary speciality or subspecialty fellowship training program;
- Participants must be board-eligible or board-certified in an ABMS primary speciality or subspecialty and able to practice clinically;
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 before CI Match Day.
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested in participating in these programs can send their application UNC’ through the Electronic Residency Application System website.
The following materials must be submitted through ERAS:
- My ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Transcripts (Step 1, 2 CK, 2 CS, 3)
- 3 Letters of Recommendations (LOR) including Program Director.
All the participants will get the annual salary that will be sponsored directly by through University of North Carolina’s School of Medicine in Chapel Hill. Salary pay scales are set by the institution annually. Please check out this year salary pay scale:
You can get detailed information about the salary and benefit by clicking here.
Applications must be sent no later than October 15, 2020.