The University of North Carolina first began enrolling students in 1795, which also allows it to be one of three schools to claim the title of the oldest public university in the United States. At Carolina, they help incredible students prepare to change the world. In Chapel Hill, students develop a voice for critical thought and the courage to guide change.
The university offers degrees in over 70 courses of study through fourteen colleges and the College of Arts and Sciences. UNC-Chapel Hill offers 71 bachelors, 107 masters and 74 doctoral degree programs. UNC-Chapel Hill also offers 300 study abroad programs in 70 countries. The university also offers a wide range of first-year seminars for incoming freshmen.
For students applying to the class of 2020, out of 40,792 applicants, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill acceptance rate is 30.5%. The university enrolls more than 28,000 students from all 100 North Carolina counties, the other 49 states, and 47 other countries. The student body consists of 17,981 undergraduate students and 10,935 graduate and professional students.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into the UNC-Chapel Hill?
- The average GPA at UNC Hill is 4.63.
- With a GPA of 4.63, UNC requires you to be at the top of your class.
- If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications.
Is University of UNC-Chapel Hill an Ivy League school?
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, founded in 1789, is a public, comprehensive institution and the nation’s first state university.
- It has earned a worldwide reputation for vital teaching, cutting-edge research, distinguished public service, and prestigious academic and athletic programs.
- The nation’s first public university is at the heart of what’s next, preparing a diverse student body to become creators, explorers, innovators and leaders in North Carolina and throughout the world.
UNC-Chapel Hill SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for the UNC-Chapel Hill?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill?
- The average ACT score at UNC is 29.
- This score makes UNC Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
What is the UNC-Chapel Hill best known for?
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, also known as UNC, UNC-Chapel Hill, the University of North Carolina, or simply Carolina.
- The university has a longstanding Honor Code known as the “Instrument of Student Judicial Governance,” supplemented by an entirely student-run Honor System to resolve issues with students accused of academic and conduct offenses against the university community.
- UNC-Chapel Hill has offered an undergraduate merit scholarship known as the Morehead-Cain Scholarship.
- North Carolina’s athletic teams are known as the Tar Heels.
How much does it Cost to go to the UNC-Chapel Hill?
Cost of Attendance, 2018-2019
North Carolina Residents
|Tuition & Fees||$8,910||
Housing & Meals
Books & Supplies
|Travel & Personal||$2,632||
What are the majors at the UNC-Chapel Hill is known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill include: Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, and Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services.
- English, social science, history, foreign language, mathematics, and natural science courses are required of all students, ensuring that they receive a broad liberal arts education.
- Its undergraduates are held to an eight-semester limit of study.
How much is tuition at the UNC-Chapel Hill?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill are $9,005 for North Carolina residents and $34,588 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $11,929 for State residents and $29,140 for others.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is $9,005 for in-state and $34,588 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is $9,179 for in-state and $35,273 for out-of-state students.
Is UNC-Chapel Hill a public or private school?
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a public research university located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was the only public university to hold classes and graduate students in the eighteenth century.
- Carolina is committed to access for all, providing life-changing opportunities such as the Carolina Covenant, which promises a debt-free education to low-income students.
- UNC-Chapel Hill is harnessing the very best of our fast-changing world. We’re proud to advance knowledge for this and each generation to come.
What is the SAT score required for the UNC-Chapel Hill?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill?
- The average SAT score composite at UNC Hill is 1370.