Apply for the amazing scholarship open for Community College Graduates. The program is organized by the Boston University’s Metropolitan College to assist scholars with a valuable amount to overcome their financial hurdles.
The award is inviting eligible graduates of Bunker Hill Community College, Massachusetts Bay Community College, Middlesex Community College, Northern Essex Community College, Quinsigamond Community College and Roxbury Community College.
Boston University Metropolitan College was founded in 1965 and is known as one of the 17 degree-granting schools and colleges of Boston University. The university offers full-time and part-time study during the evening or through online and blended programs.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
The given criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates to apply for the scholarship:
- Must have an associate’s degree from one of the six community colleges mentioned
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
The complete application form with the required correspondence must be submitted to Boston University Metropolitan College Director, Student Services 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 1st Floor Boston, MA 02215, for the consideration.
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Letter of Recommendation written by a faculty member at your community college describing your academic abilities and accomplishments
- A scholarship essay of approximately 400 words may also be used for undergraduate admission on the topic “how you first became interested in your area of study. What activities, experiences, people, etc., have fostered this interest? What are your long-term goals, and how will this Scholarship for Community College Graduates impact your studies at Boston University?”
The recipients of this scholarship program will be provided 50 per cent tuition scholarship up to 12 credits per semester while they complete their bachelor’s degree at Boston University’s Metropolitan College.
Applications for the scholarship are available on June 15, August 1, and December 1 each year.