Council on International Educational Exchange is presenting the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship for the students belonging to unrepresented groups seeking assistance to pursue higher education through the Fellowship. Current undergraduate student freshman, sophomore or junior who are citizens of the United States are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The purpose of introducing the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship is to support students of colour desiring to study abroad. The Fellowship aims to grant financial benefits to qualified students. The Fellowship encourages students of colour by assisting them to achieve academic excellence internationally.
The Council on International Educational Exchange is a non-profit organization which promotes international education and exchange. The organization was founded in 1947 and is based in the United States. The organization transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations by sponsoring a wide variety of opportunities for the exchange of ideas and experiences.
Table of Contents
The given table shall provide more details regarding the scholarship to the entrant:
|Organization||Council on International Educational Exchange|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||February 14, 2021|
Who May be Eligible?
The applicants must refer to the eligibility requirements to apply for the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship-
- The applicant must be a current undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior.
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.00
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident.
- The applicant must identify as an ethnicity typically underrepresented on study abroad programs (e.g. American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander).
How to Apply?
Applicants applying for the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship must first visit the website page. Further, the applicants are required to complete the application by using the portal prompted by the “apply now” option. The applicants are required to attach supporting documents with concern.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal video
- The Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship will grant ten fellows notable awards.
- The award will offset the full cost of travel to and from participation in a four week, 3-credit study abroad program.
The application deadline for the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship is February 14, 2021. Late and incomplete application will not be considered.