Are you in search of financial aids to accomplish your higher studies? If yes, then here your search comes to an end as Arent Fox LLP is warmly welcoming their Diversity Scholarship to help you in your careers. Applicants must be second-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the US to be eligible. Students need to be members of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession to apply.
The main aim of organizing the Diversity scholarship program is to lower the students’ financial burden or their parents. The firm will provide adequate funds through this program, which will help them pay for their high-cost purposes. The recipient will be judged based upon their essay response and will be handed over the awards.
Arent Fox LLP is internationally recognized in core industries where business and the law intersect. The firm is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. It represents global corporations, local and national politicians, and large non-profit organizations. The company offers strategic legal advice and multidisciplinary strategies to a multinational roster of companies, states, and trade groups of more than 450 lawyers and practitioners.
Explore the table for more details about the scholarships:
|Educational Level||Second Year Students|
|Number of Awards||One|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||February 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Essay, Resume & Transcript|
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested students must meet up with the given criteria to be applicable:
- Open for Second-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the US
- Must be scheduled to graduate in 2022
- Must have excellent college and law school academic performance
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be a member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2021 Arent Fox Summer Program after their second year of law school
- Must have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
How to Apply
To apply for the Diversity Scholarship program, eligible candidates must visit the provider’s Attorney Opportunities page and select the office you wish to apply to in the “Apply Now” drop-down menu. After that, you must choose the Diversity Scholar application and submit all required material mentioned below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A Personal Essay (one page single or double spaced): How will you be Smart in Arent Fox’s World?
- Undergraduate Transcript (unofficial is accepted)
- Law School Transcript
- Legal Writing Sample of at least 5-10 pages, single or double spaced. It must be exclusively your work. The sample may be from your legal writing course in law school.
- Contact information of three professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)
The BOS, DC, LA, NY, and SF offices will be awarding one second-year law student $20,000 and a salaried position. This scholarship fund will be paid in two instalments: $10,000 during the second-year summer and another $10,000 payable when the student returns to Arent Fox as an associate after graduation. The funds will help out the recipient to cover up various educational expenses.
The firm will be accepting applications on a rolling basis through February 1, 2021. Students are asked to submit their applications on time to be considered.