Microsoft has always been a great place for women, and strives to support them and improve the quality of their lives. As part of its commitment to support the women, Women Microsoft Group is thrilled to announce a wonderful scholarship program available for 2021. This funding aims to provide needed financial aid to higher education of female students who are pursuing a degree in a technical related discipline. An ideal candidate for this opportunity should be a female student who is currently enrolled or have been accepted in a 2 or 4-year college or university. Undergraduate students in a STEM-related field will be hired for this program.
Women Microsoft Group seeks to recognize the contribution and accomplishments that women have made in the field of STEM through its funding program. The company is aware of the potential and talent of women who are willing to work in the field of STEM, and is improving access to higher education for such brilliant female students. With this scholarship, Women Microsoft Group is now addressing the need of more female leaders in the field of STEM, and encouraging students to show their talent in this field and contribute in the progress of it. This scholarship will make available monetary support to all worthy female students so that they can achieve their dreams. The application process of this program is quite simple. You can apply just by completing an application form and send some required documents.
Microsoft is an American multinational technology company operating headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It is dedicated to developing, manufacturing, licensing, supporting, and selling computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. It was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, and now has become one of the top companies in the world.
Get quick information through this table:
|Organization||Women Microsoft Group|
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Amount||$ 1, 500|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||April 2, 2021|
|Requirements||Essay, letter of recommendation and academic transcripts|
Who May Be Eligible
Meeting the given requirements is necessary for all aspirants:
- Applicants must be female students;
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Entrants must have been accepted into or be currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college or university located in the state of North Dakota, South Dakota, or Minnesota;
- Participants must be undergraduates with a declared area of study in a STEM-related field.
How to Apply
Candidates need to fill out an application form electronically. This form can also be printed and completed. It must include the following information:
- Full Name, permanent address, phone and email section
- College or university, school address, school phone, major, year in school, and overall GPA
- List extra-curricular activities, academic honours, awards and memberships
- List your community service activities and honours
The authenticity of the information is the core responsibility of all candidates. So make sure that your information is right and complete.
- Send a letter of recommendation
- Submit academic transcripts
- Answer each question in no more than 500 words: (essay)
- Describe examples of your leadership experience in which you significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time.
- What do you think are the biggest global impacts that technology can have in the coming years?
- Who do you see as one of technology’s greatest leaders and why?
- How do you view the parallels between social responsibility and technology growth?
- How has your interest in technology been fueled over the years? What other ways do you think young women can be encouraged to pursue education and careers in a tech-related field?
Successful applicants will receive an award worth $ 1,500 toward their higher education. This scholarship will support students in earning higher education by providing a needed fund that will ease up their financial load and boost their learning journey. This scholarship will also bring recognization to all winners and encourage them to do better and achieve better during their academic journey.
Applications are open until April 2, 2021. If you need financial assistance, then grab this opportunity and send your application by this date.