As part of its commitment to investing in the next generation of STEM talent, Lockheed Martin has launched wonderful scholarships for 2021. These STEM scholarships have been developed to provide opportunities to those who are interested in studying STEM and come from underrepresented or underserved communities. For these opportunities, candidates will be selected if they show genuine financial need. There are two hundred renewal scholarships available for students at Lockheed Martin. To be eligible for these programs, applicants must be current high school seniors with a cumulative 2.5 or above GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 2.5 or above GPA.
Students, who are studying STEM and need financial support to continue gaining education, should not miss the chance to apply for these prestigious scholarships. Through these programs, candidates will not only gain needed monetary support for their education but reputation. Winning such leading scholarships will give students a leg up in their educational journey as well as help as they go for a job. These days, earning higher education has become a challenge specifically for poor students who are talented but don’t have enough money to fulfil their educational dreams. Rising tuition of colleges is the matter of concern for most of the students. In such situations, a scholarship like this one can prove to be a boon for students who are struggling financially. So if you are a STEM student looking for a scholarship, then there is no better opportunity for you than this.
Lockheed Martin is a well known American aerospace and defence company with the headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. This company was established by merging the two leading corporations namely Lockheed Corporation, with Martin Marietta in March 1995. It has approximately 110,000 employees from around the world and is principally dedicated to researching, designing, developing, manufacturing, integrating and sustaining of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Get access to quick information through this table:
|Educational Level||High school senior and undergraduate|
|Number of Awards||200|
|Application Deadline||April 1, 2022|
Who May Be Eligible
If you meet the criteria given below, then you are eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens;
- Candidates should be current high school seniors with a cumulative 2.5 or above GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 2.5 or above GPA;
- Aspirants must be planning to enrol or already enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S;
- Recipients must be majoring or planning to major in aerospace engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics;
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need;
- Applicants must be willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following their freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding (note: the internship is not required to receive a scholarship, and scholarship recipients are not guaranteed an internship).
How to Apply
Since Lockheed Martin has partnered with Scholarship America, applicants have to apply through the online portal of Scholarship America where they need to log in or sign up to access the online application form. It is the responsibility of candidates to give all the correct and complete information.
There are two hundred scholarships each of $10,000 available for recipients studying engineering or computer science at a 4-year college or university. These scholarships are renewable for three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned. This award will help students cover their study-related expenses such as tuition, books, supplies and etc.
Applications are open until April 1, 2022. If you are interested in this program, then you are welcome to apply.