William and Mary University is delighted to present before young students its merit-based scholarships. Students looking for undergraduate programs at William and Mary University are eligible to avail of their scholarships. William and Mary’s scholarships are designed for students who have more than an average high school GPA and have been underrepresented. If you have been thinking about pursuing your higher education with ease and are an active individual with a myriad of co-curricular engagements, this might be your golden chance!
William and Mary University’s scholarships are financial awards being offered to students who have shown scholastic dexterity. Apart from belonging to distinguished groups, students who come from the top 1-15% rank both in the admission process and their graduating class usually receives the merit scholarships. The scholarships guarantee a future for students which is admirable because it refines their personality and lets them discover their passion. These scholarships cover the educational costs of students which sometimes may cause distraction from their goal. William and Mary University’s scholarships bridge the gap between the students and their goals.
William and Mary University is a Public Ivy which is affordable yet commendable. The institution promises its students quality education with the predictability of tuition assurance. This entails the scholarships that it has to offer. Situated in Williamsburg, Virginia, it was founded in 1693 making it the second oldest institution in the whole of the U.S. William and Mary University has maintained its academic reputation since it was established and it plans to do so by taking in students who are eager to carry forward the institution’s legacy.
Refer to the following table for an overview of the scholarships:
|Organization||William and Mary University|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Application Deadline||November 1, 2020 (Early Decision I), January 1, 2020 (Early Decision II), January 1, 2020 (Regular Decision)|
Who May Be Eligible?
Following are is the eligibility criteria to apply:
- Open to both in-state and out-state students
- High school graduates who have been underrepresented
- Students from the top 1-15% of their graduating class
- Students involved in co-curricular activities
- Essays, high school transcripts submitted through the Common Application and Coalition Application will be considered
How to Apply
All applicants who are looking to attain scholarships are considered by completing the application process. To do so, William and Mary will also check their Common Application and Coalition Application. It is not mandatory to complete their FAFSA and CSS Profile to avail of the merit scholarships.
William and Mary University scholarships entail the following benefits:
- William and Mary Scholars: Awarded throughout the undergraduate years, this scholarship’s recipients are first-generation students who have been underrepresented and aim to contribute to campus diversity
- Monroe Scholars: It is awarded to the top 10-15% of students who seek admission into the university. There are various benefits and also a $3000 research stipend.
- 1693 Scholars: Educational fund awarded to students belonging to the top 1% of their class.
The application deadline varies because of the three decision phases. It is advisable to complete the application process as soon as possible. Incomplete and late submissions will not be accepted.