The Wilkes Education Foundation is currently providing enormous scholarship funds to students for their educational purposes. The applications for the scholarship program are open for the year 2020-2021. The applicants eligible for the program are students in Wilkes, Iredell, and Yadkin counties who are pursuing ministerial or teaching professions. Individuals in Wilkes County pursuing careers in the medical fields are also encouraged to apply.
The Wilkes Education Foundation creates these scholarship programs every year to assist talented students in their higher and quality education. The program will help students in covering up various educational expenses. The recipients of the scholarship will cover their tuition, fees, books, etc. and be stable in their educational careers.
The Wilkes Education Foundation was started in 1985 by a group of concerned citizens who realized an unfulfilled need of both students and teachers. The group saw the need of students for scholarship monies and decided to create a foundation. The group also knew that many teachers were taking their hard-earned money and buying supplies for their classrooms and students; this group decides to create a fund to provide monies to teachers for worthy projects.
The given table shall furnish more details of the scholarship to the entrant:
|Organization||Wilkes Education Foundation|
|Educational Level||High School Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||February 4, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, transcript, essay|
Who May Be Eligible?
Students need to review the eligibility criteria before applying:
- The Della Arnold Scholarship for students in Wilkes, Iredell, and Yadkin counties who are pursuing ministerial or teaching professions;
- Gerald Hendley Family Scholarships for individuals in Wilkes County pursuing careers in the medical fields.
- Wilkes Education Foundation (WEF) Scholarships for Wilkes County students and based upon their scholastic achievements, personal essays, community service efforts, and financial need
How to Apply
All applicants are required to submit their applications offline to get consideration for the award. The students need to download the application form in which they are interested in applying. The complete application form must reach Carolyn Triplett at the below address on or before the given date. The applicants must submit their applications along with the asked credentials to make their forms complete.
Wilkes Education Foundation, Inc.
613 Cherry Street
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
- Gerald Hendley Family Scholarships Application
- Wilkes Education Foundation Scholarships Applications
- Picture attached
- Guidance counsellor has reviewed the application.
- Signature of guidance counsellor
- Application form complete
- Activity sheets complete
- General Evaluation of Nominee complete
- Narrative evaluation of nominee complete
- Student essay complete
- Current transcript
- FAFSA SAR (Free application for students and student aid report.)
The Wilkes Education Foundation board members approved an amount of $103,000 in scholarships to be awarded for the 2020-2021 year. The fund for each scholarship program differs from each other. The recipients of every scholarship will be handed over enormous funds towards their higher education and its expenses. The program will help out students to be financially stable and overcome their financial hurdles.
All scholarship applications must be submitted by eligible students by the deadline of February 4th, 2021. Applicants are asked to submit complete applications on time to get consideration.