Texas Retired Teachers Foundation is inviting proposals from for their presented Scholarship from the individuals seeking opportunities to become a teacher by profession. The individuals who have earned an undergraduate or master’s degree and a teacher’s certification or alternative certification are encouraged to apply for the Scholarship.
The motive of introducing the Texas Retired Teachers Foundation Scholarship is to succour individual desiring to pursue a career in the teaching profession. The qualified, deserving individuals of the Scholarship will be granted financial benefits. The Scholarship aims to advocates and empowers individuals to work hard and provide education to improve education status.
Texas Retired Teachers Foundation founded in 1953 is the largest association in the nation for retired teachers with a history of active involvements of their communities. The non-profit organization has a mission to advocate improved benefits for all education retirees and promotes the well-being of its members.
The given table shall equip the entrant with additional details about the Scholarship:
|Organization||Texas Retired Teachers Foundation|
|Number of Awards||25|
|Application Deadline||February 25, 2021|
Who May be Eligible?
The applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to apply for the Texas Retired Teachers Foundation Scholarship-
- The applicant must have taken or be scheduled to take a Texas teacher certification exam(s) in 2020 in preparation to begin teaching in the fall of 2021 or spring of 2022.
- The applicant must be referred by an active member of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA).
- The applicant must have earned an undergraduate or master’s degree and a teacher’s certification or alternative certification by August 31, 2021.
How to Apply?
Eligible applicants appearing for the Texas Retired Teachers Foundation Scholarship must first download the application form at www.trtf.org. The application form must be completed adequately with all the required details posted without any negligence. The application should be submitted along with supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail.
- A brief explanation of extracurricular activities and experiences outside the classroom as well as of awards and accomplishments.
- A brief explanation of vision aspirations for public education in Texas and what unique ideas you plan to bring to your classroom to enhance your students’ learning environment in about 200 words.
- College or School Transcripts
- Personal Motivation document
The Texas Retired Teachers Foundation Scholarship will award 25 recipients with $750 award. The Scholarship will support them in pursuing their passion for teaching and achieve success. The financial benefits granted will aid the scholars in affording essentials and overcoming the financial barriers.
To be acknowledged for the Texas Retired Teachers Foundation Scholarship, the candidate must apply before the deadline. The submissions must be received in full on Thursday, February 25, 2021.