Western Governors University is allowing continuing your studies with the help of its WGU Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Partner Scholarship. The awards are created for graduates of Washington state community and technical colleges who have earned a BAS in Information Technology: Computing and Software Development.
The purpose of organizing the grant is to support outstanding students in their further higher education. The recipients of the program will get to receive an enormous amount to cover up their every expense related to their studies such as tuition, books, fees, and many more.
Western Governors University is a private, nonprofit online university located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The university provides an online competency-based learning model as opposed to the traditional, cohort-based class model present at most universities. 19 U.S. governors founded it in 1997 after the idea was formulated at a 1995 meeting of the Western Governors Association to expand education offerings to the internet.
Who May Be Eligible?
To eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must be following the eligibility criteria:
- Eligible degree for the scholarship are Master’s degree programs:
- College of Business
College of Information Technology
- Must be a graduate of one of the following schools: Lake Washington Institute of Technology, North Seattle College, Green River College, Renton Technical College, Bellevue College, or Cascadia College.
- Must provide an official transcript showing conferral of the BAS degree in Information Technology: Computing and Software Development.
- Open for candidates living in the United States.
- The exceptions are U.S. active-duty military personnel and their families stationed overseas, and individuals living in Guam, Puerto Rico, Canada, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
How to Apply
Eligible students who are interested in the grant are asked to apply for admission to Western Governors University. Upon acceptance, they will be automatically get considered for the scholarship program. Returning students must log in to the scholarship portal and apply.
- Students must complete the admissions application.
- Must complete the general scholarship application.
The Western Governors University will distribute scholarships valued up to $3,000 to deserving and talented students. This scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s account at the rate of $750 per six-month term, renewable for up to four semesters.
The deadline to apply is 31st December 2020. Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.