Watertown Area Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee, in conjunction with the Watertown Area Committee Foundation, is introducing three different scholarship programs with one time award amount of $1,000. All high school graduates who have been accepted into post-secondary education or already attending that post-secondary education at the time of scholarship are presented.
The following scholarship is mainly focused on the students who have initially been from the agricultural background. In view of promoting agriculture and helping families involved in agriculture and struggling for so long, the Watertown Area Committee Foundation is taking this initiative to help and provide monetary assistance to such students. Therefore, to be benefitted from this scholarship, the applicant and his family must be consistently involved in agriculture, 4-H, or Watertown winter farm show.
The Watertown Area Community Foundation is an association set up in 1979. The Watertown Area Community Foundation works to promote philanthropy, receives charitable gifts, and puts resources into programs that work on personal satisfaction in Watertown by advancing charitable education. The Watertown Area Community Foundation energizes generosity at all levels and promotes donor services in the community.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Organization||Watertown Area Committee Foundation|
|Educational level||Post-Secondary students|
|Number of awards||3|
|Contest deadline||October 15, 2021|
|Application fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Proof of enrolment|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- The applicant must have been accepted or already enrolled in post-secondary education at an accredited university(college and technical school)
- The applicant and his family must be actively involved in agriculture, 4-H, and/or the Watertown Winter Farm.
- The applicant must Show an academic record indicating the ability to succeed in post-secondary education.
- The applicant must short his energetic performance in extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
How to Apply?
The three different scholarships Watertown committee foundation is providing are as follows:
- Fred Morris Memorial/Watertown Winter Farm Show Scholarship
- Gene and Mary Lois Reichling Memorial Scholarship
- Lake Area Technical College/Watertown Winter Farm Show Scholarship
The application procedure for the three of them is the same and requires just one application form to be completed by the applicant. The application submission will be made through one of the following addresses:
- Watertown Winter Farm Show Scholarship Program c/o Chamber Ag Committee PO Box 1113 Watertown, SD 57201
- Watertown Area Chamber of Commerce 1 East Kemp Avenue Watertown, SD 57201 (605) 886-5814
The applicants are required to show their proof of enrolment in the form of transcripts, letters of acknowledgment (acceptance letter), tuition receipts, etc. The following document needs to be submitted along with the application at the same address.
The winners will be recognized and awarded a one-time scholarship amount of $1,000 at the Annual Farm-Business Appreciation Banquet. The banquet will be organized by the Watertown area committee foundation on November 18, 2021. The tickets of the same will be issued to the winners and their families.
The last date to apply for the following scholarship is October 15, 2021. No applications will be accepted after that.