Students are cordially invited to avail of the scholarships being offered by the University of Texas Arlington. The university appreciates the presence of students with high academic accord and has done some integral work for and in the community. The scholarships are merit-based and are being offered for the academic year 2021-2022. Incoming freshmen and new transfer students must apply to UTA to experience exciting campus life with various benefits, and most specifically, without any financial burden.
The scholarships at UTA are provided in the light of prioritizing education over money, and hence the scholarships aim to reduce the financial stress on students. It allows students to pursue their dreams that they wish to fulfil by receiving an education without any hurdles. The importance of a proper education in a competitive world is the most crucial factor for students of today’s generation, and the scholarships aim to provide just that.
With a total undergraduate enrollment of 34,820, the University of Texas at Arlington was founded in 1895. A public institution set in an urban area, the campus is spread across 420 acres in the state of Texas. The university is a historically rich institution with more than 100 years of academic excellence and tradition. It is a Carnegie Research 1 institution and is the largest university in North Texas and the second-largest in The University of Texas System. It is situated between the region of Dallas and Fort Worth. UTA offers a range of programs for its undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Follow the table below for a quick view of the scholarships:
|Organization||University of Texas Arlington|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Country||United States of America|
Who May Be Eligible
The eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a freshmen
- Apply to any undergraduate program
- Show distinguished academic merit and interest in community service
- Active participation in co-curricular activities
How to Apply
Students will automatically get selected for the scholarships once they apply for admission at UTA. They must fill the FAFSA with the school code to receive preference. In addition to that, students may have to submit a National Merit certificate if they wish to avail that particular scholarship.
- Additional documents that each scholarship may require
Apart from the merit scholarships, there are numerous scholarships that UTA provides to its students that can be accessed from MavScholarShop. Apart from that, the benefits of the merit-based scholarships are as follows:
- National Merit Scholarship: Award amount up to $26 503. The deadline to avail of this scholarship is February 15, 2021
- Presidential Honors Scholars and Presidential Scholars: Award amount of $10,000-$12,000 annually. The deadline to avail of this scholarship is December 7, 2020
- Maverick academic Scholarship: Award amount of $2,000-$8,000 annually. The deadline to avail of this scholarship is February 15, 2021
- Transfer Scholarship: Award amount of $1,000-$4,000 annually. The deadline to avail of this scholarship is February 15, 2021
The application deadline varies from one scholarship to the other; hence, students must check the official university website for detailed information about the scholarships. The link to the website is given below.