Applications are being invited to the University of Rhode Island to avail of the various funding programs that the university has to offer. The university comes up with various scholarships every year. These programs apply to most of the university programs and available for the academic year 2021. To help students pay for college and achieve their educational pursuits, URI scholarships are being offered to high school graduates wanting to complete their undergraduate degree from URI.
The main aim of the scholarships is to make education affordable for talented students passionate to pursue their dreams of achieving quality education. While the scholarships are a way to pool in students who are meritorious and in need of assistance, it also carries the onus of highlighting the institution’s name in a good light. The benefits of the scholarships range from award amounts to holding the honour of being a scholarship recipient. The perks of being a scholarship holder consist of a never-ending list moulding students to reach their full potential and maintain their academic excellence to achieve greater heights in life.
The University of Rhode Island is a well-known university famous for its dynamic and diverse community. The university’s goal is to produce innovative, knowledgeable individuals who make the most of the opportunities that the university tends to help in achieving. The university has an outstanding representation of 76 nations in its student body. Established in 1892, the university has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,790 in its 1,245 acres campus. The student-faculty ratio at URI is 16:1, and most of the university’s classrooms have fewer students making it a more intimate learning space.
The following table consists of some information about the scholarships:
|Organization||University of Rhode Island|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, the students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Students must pursue a challenging curriculum throughout high school
- Students must take active participation in co-curricular activities
- Students must apply to any of the undergraduate programs at URI
- Students must seek full-time enrollment
- Students must be citizens of the United States
How to Apply
No separate application process is required for students to avail of the scholarships. The admissions application will serve the purpose of the scholarship application. Students must complete the FAFSA form with the school code to be considered for any kind of financial aid.
- Letter of Recommendation
The scholarships and benefits at URI are as follows:
- Thomas M. Ryan Scholars Program: Full scholarship renewable for four years which includes tuition, housing, fees, books, dining, and one Global Winter Travel J Term experience with faculty
- Alfred J. Verrecchia Business Scholars Program: Full scholarship renewable for four years which includes tuition, housing, fees, books, dining, and one Global Winter Travel J Term experience with faculty
- URI Presidential Scholarship: Annual award from $1,500 up to $15,000 for four years
- URI University Scholarship: Annual award from $2,000 up to $10,000 for four years
The application deadline is December 1, 2020. Students must submit their application on or before the deadline. The application process is strictly online. Late and incomplete submissions will be disqualified.