Studying medicine or medical sciences has surely become a costly affair. Students planning to enter the medical field with no proper economic resource should check out the scholarships being offered by the University of California Riverside campus. With the right guidance and the willpower, eligible and worthy students can get the benefit of learning from the best. The University of California Riverside campus is ready to reduce your financial burden with its six remarkable merit-based scholarships. Currently, these scholarships are being offered to Undergraduate students. These scholarships are not only a way to achieve your career goals but also a way of learning how to be diligent and serving the community.
These scholarships are being awarded to deserving students who hold a successful academic record in their high school but lack the means to pursue their desired field. These scholarships will not only help you financially but will also give you hands-on experience of working in the medical field in the state of California. Engaging in the field and learning through service and gaining experience is the main aim of the University of California Riverside. With its huge array of programs, students can gain knowledge of various fields throughout their academic year, which will be advantageous because this will help them choose their desired career in the future.
A young university, the University of California Riverside, is a community-based research university. It aims to enable students to reach their pursuits in life in a broader manner. Sitting around a huge 1200 acres, the campus is home to many diverse cultures, races, ethnicities, etc. The university also hones a prestigious faculty with two Noble Prize winners and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine. The university has always gained top positions in various competitions and activities.
Refer to the below table for more details of the scholarship:
|Organization||University of California Riverside|
|Number of Awards||6|
|Country||United States of America|
|Application Deadline||November 1, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility requirements to attain these scholarships are as follows:
- Applicants must be a resident of the U.S.
- Applicants from various academic backgrounds may apply, such as humanities, foreign language, social sciences, etc.
- Knowledge about the basic sciences is preferable.
- The income backgrounds of the students and their parents shall be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
After completing the application process for the desired program through the American Medical College Application Service, the first step to applying for the scholarships is to file the Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) with the pin that the U.S. Education Department shall provide to the applicants. It is mandatory that the students re-apply for financial assistance with a new FAFSA every year. Further, if any necessary documents are to be included, they should be attached in addition to that. The p programs with the additional details will be available for the applicant in the MyAwards section of the University Website.
- Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA)
- Student Aid Report
- California Dream Act Application (For undocumented students)
The scholarships awarded by the University of California Riverside have various benefits:
- Dean’s Mission Scholarship- Merit Program: Offered to students with the highest calibre, this scholarship shall fund the entire school tuition and fees of medical school worth $40,000. Apart from this feature, it may also reward students with $20,000, which will not cover the entire academic year but the first and second-year tuition and fees.
- Dean’s Mission Award- Service Program: This award is a two year service award covering all university fees that shall be given to students in the third year of medical school after completing a list of activities. The recipient will have to serve for two years six months within San Bernardino, Riverside, or Imperial County in the field of paediatrics, family medicine, general internal medicine, Ob/Gyn, general surgery, or psychiatry.
- Founders Scholarship Award: Educational funds to be provided to the best applicants selected from the incoming applications to attend the School of Medicine.
- Professional Fee Offset Grant: This grant can be combined with other merit-based financial aid and shall be provided to students in need of financial assistance for professional school fees.
- IEHP Dean’s Mission Award – Service Program: With an award of $47,000, this scholarship shall be provided to recipients for all four years of medical school. To attain this award, the recipients should practice medicine in various fields. After completing their residency training program, they shall devote five years to practice medicine and serve the Medi-Cal population.
- Institutional Scholarships: These scholarships are privately funded scholarships that vary across different categories.
It is advised that the FAFSA be filed as early as possible. Reviewing your document before the submission is essential. The deadline for the application process is November 1, 2020. Late and incomplete applications shall not be accepted.