Students enrolled in full-time equivalent undergraduate or graduate courses have a unique opportunity to apply for various scholarships and fellowships organized by the California State University. These grants will help applicants with the financial assistance required for the university.
The California State University appreciates the students who have overcome the problems and have excellent academic merit. The provided grants will help students and motivate them to do much better in their educational journey and career.
To honor William Randolph Hearst the founder of the Hearst newspaper the foundation started this scholarship fund in 1984. In 1999, CSU trustees’ partnered with William Randolph Hearst Foundation for the CSU Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement. University provides students with excellent valuable academic programs and a number of scholarship grants to make their education easy.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the grant, check the below-given criteria:
- The applicant must be a student in the CSU campus to apply for this scholarship award.
- The student must be enrolled in a full-time equivalent undergraduate or graduate course to be eligible.
- Candidate must meet all the financial needs as determined by the campus of the financial assistance office.
- Candidate must remain a full-time equivalent student for the academic year.
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of a minimum of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be superior in their academic performance to be eligible for this scholarship award.
How to Apply
Applications for scholarships and fellowships are available in the financial aid office on your campus. Applications will be reviewed by the office of financial assistance to check if all the necessary details are submitted. The complete form must be submitted in the Financial Aid Campus Office before the deadline.
- Applicants must submit the nomination cover letter from campus president.
- An official current transcript from the college is needed. It must include all the undergraduate or graduate work completed by the applicant.
- The applicant must fill the form correctly. Make sure you enter the student’s name as you want to spell it. Applicant names will appear in public biographies and photos.
- The personal statement of the applicant must be attached to applications. The personal statement must include the challenges the applicant has encountered in the past, individual achievements, educational and career goals, volunteering work done by the applicant, community service the applicant wants to contribute, future goals and aspirations, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals such as community leaders, academic instructors, teachers, professors, coaches, or counselors are mandatory. The letters must be from the people who know the candidate’s academic performance, personal strengths and assess the candidate’s potential for winning the scholarship. One of the letters must be from an academic instructor.
- The applicant must include a complete checklist mentioned in the application form.
Twenty winners will receive a scholarship worth $6,000 each. This scholarship award is distributed every year to 20 students. This amount is utilized to overcome the educational expenses of the students like tuition fees, books, or any other financial requirements.
Applications are available online as well as in the financial aid campus office. Interested students must enquire campus of the financial assistance office for the application deadline.