The (TGF) Gruber Foundation has created the TGF Fellowship Program intending to enhance the science of cosmology and other branches of astronomy. The fellowship will be awarded to an especially promising, young astrophysicist, working in any field of astrophysics, theoretical, observational, or experimental.
The IAU Executive Committee recognizes this contribution to their science and shares the desire of TGF to give this distinction the highest possible scientific standing and international character.
The Gruber Foundation honors and supports educational excellence in the fields of Cosmology, Genetics, Neuroscience, Justice and Women’s Rights, recognizing groundbreaking work that provides new models that inspire and enable fundamental shifts in knowledge and culture.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, all applicants must read all the following criteria:
- All the students in the last months of their PhD having already made fruitful contacts for a postdoctoral position are encouraged to apply.
- There are no limitations on nationality for application. Still, the scientific quality of the aspirant is the prime criterion, and bent will be given to candidates from the countries in challenging economic conditions.
How to Apply
The candidates must submit the Application form, to be eligible for the scholarship program with the student’s full name, address, email address, and current institute address. The starting date and period of which the applicant will use the desired stipend at the host institute.
- The student’s curriculum vitae and list of publications
- A letter of appointment must be submitted to a PostDoc position
- The applicant’s full names, addresses, and email addresses of three referees.
TGF provides an amount of $50,000 for fellowships every year, with the next one in 2021. The awarded Fellowship amount is used for a research grant which covers the travel, subsistence and research expenses supplementing a postdoctoral appointment.
The complete applications for the TGF Fellowship must be submitted by March 31st, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.