Are you a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, gender fluid, etc. student or a straight ally demonstrating an interest in service to and/or support of the LGBTQIA+ community? Then this is a must grab the opportunity for you. The Spartanburg, SC chapter of PFLAG is welcoming candidates to apply for their extraordinary Spartanburg Equality Scholarship Program. Candidates must be a graduating high school senior entering an institute of higher education this fall or a current student (undergrad) continuing in a higher education program to be eligible. Applicants must be Spartanburg, SC /Spartanburg County, resident.
The Spartanburg, SC chapter of PFLAG wants to reduce the educational expenses of the candidates through their scholarship program and encourage them to achieve their career goals through it. The chapter is dedicated towards the growth of specially LGBTQIA+ community and willing to take every step to promote their progress. The chapter creates this scholarship to free students from their educational expenses stress. The chapter realizes the stress of students.
The Spartanburg, SC chapter of PFLAG is passionate about the progress of the students living in the area. They take every possible step to enhance the quality of life and improve the standards by promoting education. The chapter initiates programs to enhance the educational opportunities for the students and make academics accessible for candidates. The programs are mainly scholarships, programs, Grant’s and other initiatives.
Table of Contents
Applicants must check table below for more details about the scholarships:
|Organization||Spartanburg, SC chapter of PFLAG|
|Educational Level||High school seniors|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, transcript, LoR, Essay|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the requirements mentioned below before applying for the scholarship:
- Fellows should be a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, gender fluid, etc. student or a straight ally demonstrating an interest in service to and/or support of the LGBTQIA+ community to be eligible.
- Candidates should be a graduating high school senior entering an institute of higher education this fall or a current student (undergrad) continuing in a higher education program to be eligible.
- Applicants must be Spartanburg, SC /Spartanburg County, resident.
- Individuals must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and should be accepted by a verifiable secondary educational institution.
How to Apply
All the eligible candidates should download the application and fill it with all the necessary information. Please check the guidelines in the application correctly and provide all the mandatory information through the application. Submit the extra supporting materials with the application before the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted. Send everything to PFLAG Spartanburg.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 7056
Spartanburg, SC 29304.
- Unofficial copy of your high school/college transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, pastor, employer, or community leader.
- An essay (no less than 500 words) discussing either your life as an LGBTQIA+ student or how you have been involved with and supported the LGBTQIA+ community.
Students will be selected to award the scholarship of $1000. This scholarship fund should only be used to pay the educational needs of the candidates like tuition, fees and other related needs. This scholarship motivates students to achieve their career goals by providing for their education. The easy to access process makes it more comfortable for students.
Please provide your applications and supporting materials before May 1, 2021. No submissions will be entertained later.