Want to complete post-secondary education or degree? Why miss such an excellent opportunity to reside in Staunton, Waynesboro, Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville region. Social Butterflies Foundation is curious to announce the scholarship to students who are studying as graduating seniors. Social Butterflies Foundation is excited to help the students academically and achieve their goals.
The foundation is influencing students to complete their academics conveniently and peacefully without any fees. To have affordable academics irrespective of backgrounds, the foundation has proposed these scholarships. The selection of the reward is based on the student’s academic performance, sports involvement, and leadership in community services.
Social Butterflies Foundation started with the Courtney Blair Youth Scholarship in memory of Courtney Blair; she lost her battle to lupus on November 12, 2014, at 28. Courtney was a real warrior! She was diagnosed with lupus disease at the age of 17. She was believed that lupus wasn’t going to be her handicap. Even after being diagnosed, she became a nail technician and worked for several local salons. She enjoyed life alongside her family and friends and desired for any lupus patient to enjoy life to the fullest. In her remembrance, the foundation has initiated this scholarship to help the students who are in need.
Kindly go through the table below to know more about the scholarship:
|Organization||Social Butterflies Foundation|
|Educational Level||Graduating seniors|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly go through the eligibility criteria below:
- Students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Parents/guardians must submit the IRS 1040 form of the current or past year.
- The applicant should be a graduating senior who is resides in Staunton, Waynesboro, Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville region.
- Students must be accepted in an accredited college, university, or post-secondary institution to pursue a degree within one year of graduation.
How to Apply
Students must remove the print of the application, fill the complete application, and then submit it through the postmark before the deadline at Shawn O’Keefe, Chair Scholarship Committee Social Butterflies Foundation P. O Box 1652 Newport News, Virginia 2360.
Applicant must make sure that enlisted documents are attached to the application while submitting :
- Applicant must submit the filled application with the sign of the parents or guardian
- Fellows must provide a typed 1page essay
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendations
- An official school transcript must be attached
- Candidates must submit the Disclaimer for scholarship funds disbursement with the parents or guardian sign on it
- A copy of the current year IRS 1040 form
- And a medical release form must be provided
The awarded scholarship should only consume to pay the academic expenses of the student. The scholarship should not be utilized for other expenses other than tuition fees, fees, and other related expenses. These scholarships motivate the students to achieve their goals by overcoming hard work. The application procedure for this scholarship is too simple.
Submit the applications before the deadline of June 1, 2021.