Vocational rehabilitation is a process that allows persons with functional, psychological, developmental, health disabilities, impairments, or emotional disabilities to overcome barriers to work. Hunter College is welcoming students to attain the RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to students committed and have expressed interest in working with individuals with disabilities after completing the RLTT program. The students who completed a Bachelor’s Degree and maintained a strong academic record, and intend to complete a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship is introduced and accorded to the students seeking assistance to attain excellence in the area of Vocational Rehabilitation. The scholarship awards financial assistance to meritorious students to help them achieve their goals without worrying about financial barriers.
Hunter College, established in 1870, is one of the City University of New York’s constituent colleges, a public university in New York City. The college grants studies in more than one hundred undergraduate and postgraduate fields across five schools. Hunter College’s ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North is #17.
The candidate may refer to the given table to get more information concerning the scholarship:
|Educational Level||Undergraduate and Graduate|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Requirement||Application, Essay, Resume|
Who May be Eligible
The eligibility requirements for the RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship are-
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and maintained a 3.0 GPA and must have intentions to complete a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling.
- The candidate must have currently accepted and enrolling in a Rehabilitation Counseling Program and is entering the second semester of the program.
- The candidate must express interest in applying to ACCES-VR Internship and is committed to completing all the required hours.
How to Apply
The candidates interested in applying for the RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship are required to apply online. The candidates must submit the Application Package that they received at the RLTT and submit it accordingly, along with the supporting documents.
- DOE –Certification of Eligibility for Federal Assistance in Certain Program
- Personal Statement –-500 words describing why you chose Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling (VRC) as your career goal and your commitment to pursuing a career in VRC and work with individuals with disabilities after graduating from the RLTT program
- Latest resume and a letter of recommendation from a non-family member
The RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship grants financial assistance to outstanding scholars. The financial award granted can be used towards tuition, fees, books, supplies, and travel in conjunction with training assignments. The scholars will be able to follow their ambitions. The scholarship will help scholars to overcome financial barriers.
The applications for the RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship are open.