The Hertz Foundation was established in 1957 with the goal of supporting applied sciences education. The Foundation is an American non-profit organization that awards fellowships to Ph.D. students in the applied physical, biological and engineering sciences.
Who May Eligible
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Candidates must be students in the applied Astrophysics Computer Science–Mathematics Quantitative Biology Earth Science Physics Biotech Engineering Statistics Chemistry Materials Science.
- College seniors wishing to pursue a Ph.D. in these fields, and graduate students already pursuing an advanced degree, may apply.
How to Apply
For acquiring the opportunity,
- Aspirants must be applying to the Ph.D. program or are in the first year of one
- Claimants have to fill the application form for the grant with the required documents such as:
- Academic transcript
- Letter of recommendation
- Every fellowship applicant is required to take at least the aptitude portion of the Graduate Record Examination and to have the results sent to the Foundation
The fellowship may cover:
- Full tuition equivalent for up to five years
- $34,000 per academic year stipend
- Additional stipend if coordinated with other major fellowships
- $5,000 annual dependent childcare stipend
Application Deadline: Applicants can apply for this grant till October 23, 2019.