The Forest Preserve District of Will County is presenting to you a “Preserve The Movement Photo Contest” for the years 2021-2022. If you love photography then this is your opportunity to grab your camera and participate in this year’s photo contest. It’s time for you to upload your best photos monthly to be in the running for final contest judging and prizes. Photos entered will be published on the official website and also on the org’s Flickr Profile, and may be featured in their print publications and other social media. Additionally, MasterCard gift cards will be awarded for the top three finishers in the overall contest in these amounts: First place, $500; second place, $250; third place $150.
In the case of monthly winners, recipients will receive $75 gift cards. After the contest, three random drawings also will be held for all contest participants. The three winners will receive $75 gift cards. Only those participants who have not won a prize in the 2021 contest will be eligible for the drawing. Finally, every entrant will receive a participation gift. One thing to remember is that the photo taken by you must be in a Will County forest preserve or on a District trail. Participants are encouraged to submit their photos as they are taken, and are limited to submitting five photos per month. Photos that will be taken elsewhere from the given location(state parks, your backyard, local park districts, etc.) will automatically be disqualified. Photos that are taken before May 1 also will automatically be disqualified. Photos with watermarks, dates, and signatures will automatically be disqualified.
The Forest Preserve District is dedicated to protecting, conserving, enhancing, and promoting Will County’s natural heritage for the educational, recreational, and environmental benefit of present and future generations. Their overall motive is to bring people and nature together. Their vision is that the people of Will County will view the Forest Preserve District as vital to enriching their quality of life.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||The Forest Preserve District of Will County|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Contest Deadline||December 31, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Contestants must be 18 years old or older and U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents (green card).
- Forest Preserve District of Will County (FPDWC) employees, volunteers, Board members, and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the contest. Immediate family includes only spouses, parents, and children.
- Professional photographers who receive all or a major part of their income from photography are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- The FPDWC reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility.
- Rules are subject to change without notice but will be posted at ReconnectWithNature.org.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form given on the scholarship portal and submit it there only. Additionally, the candidates are required to submit their photos following the given instructions:
- Digital photographs must be submitted in .jpg or .gif formats.
- Photographs may be either in vertical or horizontal format.
- Photos must be 4MB or less.
- Contestants must submit their entries via the online upload tool at ReconnectWithNature.org. No prints will be accepted.
- Each contestant is limited to five (5) contest entries per month.
- Submitted photographs must be taken within a Will County Forest Preserve or District trail during the contest period (May 1 through December 31, 2021) and the preserve or trail must be listed on the “location” field of the submission form to be a valid submission. Simply listing the town where it was taken is not valid.
- Minor digital enhancements for cropping, red-eye removal, filters, and corrective functions are permitted, but images that have been judged to be altered in any significant manner will be disqualified.
- Contestants are not permitted to place borders, frames, or backgrounds around their images or to place watermarks, dates, signatures, or copyright images onto photos.
- If a submitted photograph contains a recognizable person, the contestant must have permission to distribute the photograph from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian, and must provide written permission to the FPDWC upon request.
- Photographs must be appropriate for posting on a public government website. Obscene, provocative, or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. The FPDWC retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- Contest entries for each month’s photo category must be uploaded via the online upload tool at ReconnectWithNature.org by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on the last day of the month.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following contest. Following are the benefits that will be received by the winners:
- The first-place winner will receive a MasterCard gift card ($500 value).
- The second-place winner will receive a MasterCard gift card ($250 value).
- The third-place winner will receive a MasterCard gift card ($150 value).
- Monthly finalists will receive a MasterCard gift card ($75 value).
- After the contest, three random drawings also will be held for all contest participants. The three winners will each receive a MasterCard gift card ($75 value). Only those participants who have not won a prize in the 2021 contest will be eligible for the drawing.
- The prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternative is available.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is December 31, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.