To support and promote the education of students who belongs to the LGBTQ community, Point Foundation has brought an amazing scholarship for 2021. Through its scholarship program, the foundation aims to inspire LGBTQ community college students to fulfil their ambitions of graduating with an associate’s degree and transferring to a four-year college or university. To compete for this scholarship, you must be currently enrolled or going to enrol at an accredited college or university based in the United States. You must identify yourself as a member of the LGBTQ community.
Along with exciting award amount, deserving candidates will get admissions counselling, coaching and financial education at the Point Community College Transfer Symposium in Los Angeles. In addition to this, they will get access to the Point Foundation network of LGBTQ scholars, more than 300 alumni, and many others dedicated to seeing LGBTQ students succeed. This scholarship is offered each year to students to help them pay for their college and turn their dreams into reality.
Point Foundation is a scholarship fund that is dedicated to providing an educational fund to students who are part of the LGBTQ community. The foundation has been granting scholarships and other vital programs to create a new generation of LGBTQ leaders.
Get quick information by having a glance at the given table:
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||January 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
These are the requirements that must be met:
- Applicants must be enrolled or intending to enrol at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2021. Students enrolled or intending to enrol in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Candidates should be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Aspirants must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Applicants must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 22-24 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by filling an online application form. Candidates are suggested to fill out all legit and complete information on the form. Applications with fake and incomplete information will lead to disqualification.
Deserving applicants will get $2,000-$4,800 along with admissions counselling, coaching and financial education at the Point Community College Transfer Symposium. Plus, they will have access to the Point Foundation network of LGBTQ scholars, more than 300 alumni, and many others dedicated to seeing LGBTQ students succeed.
Applications will close on January 1, 2021. Please send your application before or on this date for the best consideration.