The National Church Goods Association’s Educational Foundation in conjunction with the generous support of contributing organizations is pleased to announce that they are offering a scholarship program consisting of several scholarships to assist deserving students to finance their education. They are taking this initiative to provide financial assistance to the deserving candidates who have the potential to achieve their dreams but are forced to give up because of a lack of funds. To be eligible to receive one of these scholarships, applicants must submit a completed application. The program is NOT limited to NCGA members. Please read over the application and complete all sections to be eligible for receiving the scholarship. Incomplete applications shall not be considered by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
You should also be aware that the scoring of applications is based upon a “point per answer” system. Be certain to give as much information as possible to aid the committee in its selection. The Education Committee will review all applications and award the scholarships. Scholarships may be used only for four-year colleges and universities, recognized two-year “junior” or community colleges, and church goods industry-related vocational training schools. They will be awarded for one year at a time. Scholarships will be gifts and will be awarded at a minimum of at least $1,000. Scholarships will be awarded at the Catalog Publisher’s Meeting when possible but no later than June 1st; The NCGAEF Board of Directors will, before January 1, annually determine the number and amount of scholarships to award.
The National Church Goods Association (NCGA) provides a forum for its member dealers and suppliers of church goods, religious articles and published materials to effectively, ethically, and creatively serve the institutional and retail markets. Established in 1907, the National Church Goods Association is one of the oldest practicing associations in existence.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||National Church Goods Association|
|Education Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||Not defined|
|Contest Deadline||December 31, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
|Requirements||Essay, transcripts, recommendation|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Have achieved a “B” level or 3.0 out of 4.0-grade point average or better in the previous three years of schooling, whether at the secondary or college levels;
- Have been employed before attending school in the church goods industry, or be currently employed in the church goods industry, or be a family member of a current employee, or be a family member of a former employee that is deceased or has been laid off within the last year in the church goods industry;
- Have performed a minimum of 20 documented hours of church or community service over the previous four years.
- An applicant cannot be a member of the Board of Directors of either the NCGA Education Foundation or of NCGA, the child or other relative of such member, or the employee or agent of such member;
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form given on the scholarship portal and submit it. Additionally, the candidates are required to write down a 1,000-word essay on why they should be awarded the scholarship?
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Three letters of recommendationfrom people other than a member of the NCGA or NCGA EF Board of Directors;
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following scholarship. The winners will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $1,000.
The deadline for the application submission for the following scholarship is December 31, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.