The badcredit.org is presenting to you a badcredit.org’s Wealth-Wise scholarship. The following BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship is available to US undergraduate and graduate students seeking a full-time career in the finance industry. The following scholarship grants the winner with the one-time scholarship amount of $1,000 and will be awarded based on academic performance and participation of the students. Additionally, the students will also be judged based on the submission of a short essay to be titled How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved.
The purpose behind offering this scholarship is to encourage students to come forward and participate in the contest where they can share their thoughts and views regarding how the US credit system can be improved. Through this scholarship, the org is trying to motivate students to discuss the flaws of the system and how can the system be improved to become the best. Permanent residents or citizens of the US are only eligible for this scholarship. The deadline for the application submission is December 31, 2021.
The mission of BadCredit.org is to inform and educate Americans with bad credit, enabling better credit decisions and a brighter financial future. They support many financial literacy foundations through charitable contributions to the following nonprofit organizations. They gather leading personal finance experts specializing in a range of subprime topics to share timely, actionable advice with readers from around the world. From credit scores and reports to budget management and banking, our veteran journalists boast decades of industry experience.
Table of Contents
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Education Level||Undergraduate and graduate students|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||December 31, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major of study must support a career in the finance industry (e.g., finance, business, accounting, mathematics, management, and other related majors)
- Must be a US resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
- Include contact information with the essay so we can get in touch with winners
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to write an essay following the given guidelines:
- Essay Topic/Title: How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved. This essay will explore current issues in today’s credit landscape and various ways to offset the negative implications that affect many Americans’ ability to access capital.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- The essay should be written in 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
To apply, please mail your official transcript and original essay to the following address:
Attn: Wealth Wise Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
Following is the document that needs to be attached with your application form: Official transcripts.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the most deserving candidate will be selected as the winner of the following scholarship. The winner will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $1,000.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is December 31, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.