Morgan & Morgan has initiated an outstanding funding scheme named “For The People Scholarships” to inspire young lawyers to reach their fullest potential and establish a successful career. For these programs, candidates will be evaluated based on the quality of their answers and their creativity. Each year, Morgan & Morgan selects three winners for these funds. If you are interested in competing for these awards, then you must be currently accepted or enrolled at a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of American Law Schools.
The purpose of Morgan & Morgan behind creating such funding opportunities is to nurture the new generation of leaders in the field of law. These scholarships will allow students to attend a college and gain proper law education without experiencing any financial barrier. Morgan & Morgan understands the importance of higher education for students, and to make it more accessible; this organization offers these awards. By getting needed financial support, students can achieve the educational goal that helps them become whatever they want to be.
Morgan & Morgan is a law first that has been committed to giving back to the community and making the world a better place to live in. It does legal work, from winning large jury verdicts against big corporations and insurance companies to fighting unscrupulous employers and advocating for civil rights, among other things. It is home to more than 700 attorneys.
Have a look at this table to get quick information:
|Organization||Morgan & Morgan|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Application Deadline||January 10, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please meet the following requirements before going through the application process:
- Candidates should be currently accepted or enrolled at a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the winner’s school for use during law school tenure.
- Morgan & Morgan employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- Past scholarship awardees are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply
Please send your information through the online application form to the organization. You are required to mention all the correct and complete information on that form.
All interested candidates will need to submit an essay answering one of the following questions. The essay must be between 500 and 800 words.
- COVID-19 has changed all facets of life. In light of this, what permanent changes do you think should be made to the criminal and the civil justice system to ensure that the swift and fair administration of justice is possible in perpetuity?
- Discuss a Supreme Court case you believe was wrongly decided.
- What role should personal beliefs play in consideration of the appointment and confirmation of judicial nominees?
Each year, the organization selects three winners for the following categories:
- 1st Prize: $5,000 Scholarship
- 2nd Prize: Morgan & Morgan Ultimate School Swag Pack (Herschel Bag, Padfolio, Morgan Pen, Yeti water bottle, Nike cap, Hand Sanitizer, Mask, Hoodie)
- 3rd Prize: Morgan & Morgan Starter School Swag Pack (Oakley gym bag, t-shirt, Nike Cap, Yeti water bottle)
Please send your application by January 10, 2021. No late application will be considered.