The Manatee County Public Library System is willing to roll out a new tag key option, hence organizing a Library Card contest. All the residents and cardholders of Manatee County are eligible to participate. The contest will be held under three categories. The first category is for the youth below ten years. The second category comprises children of 11 to 17 years, and the third category is for children above 18 years. For participating, you have to submit a design that can be either handmade or digitally printed on the template assigned by the library. The guidelines are mentioned in detail below. The last date to submit your design is July 31, 2021.
This is the opportunity for children and adults to showcase their creativity at the county library and get their designs featured on the library card. Through this competition, the children will attain self-confidence and never miss a chance to showcase their talent. Also, you will gain new perspectives towards your talent, which will help you enhance your skills and build a better career for yourself.
The Manatee Libraries offer wide-range services at the six library locations, also outreach and community engagement throughout the county. The library system was named the Library of the Year by Florida Library Association in 2016-2017. The system is dedicated to lifelong learning, education for all ages, early literacy, and economic development.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Manatee County Public Library System|
|Access mode||Online and offline|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
All the residents and cardholders of the Manatee Country are eligible to participate in the contest. The competition will be held under three categories:
- Youth up to 10 years
- Children from 11 to 17 years
- Adults of 18+ years
How to Apply?
For participating, you are required to follow the stated guidelines:
- All the designs must be completed using the templates or downloads from the library’s website.
- The artwork can either be computer generated or handmade using colors, sketches, crayons, etc.
- All the designs must be original.
- The designs should necessarily be horizontal.
- Only one entry is allowed per person, and do not include your name on your design.
- A signed entry form must accompany all the entries.
Note: You can submit your entries through any of the following modes:
- In-person at any Manatee County Library.
- Via email at email@example.com
- By mail to Manatee Libraries, c/o Danielle Dankenbring, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd., Bradenton, FL 34205.
The winning artwork will be the new design of the library card. This is the opportunity to take a baby step towards your hobby and present your talent to the community and the county. Children will get motivation and support, which will help them showcase their talent at every opportunity they get.
The contest is open from July 1, 2021, to July 31, 2021.