The Wright Memorial Public Library is organizing the Youth Writing contest for the children who are in 12th standard and below. The contest will be held under the following three categories: Comic book, poetry, short stories, Tales and Trails, and Wildcard. The entries submitted can either be fiction or non-fiction. You can even participate in groups by stating the name and age of all the group members. A limit of one submission is allowed per person. Please submit separate application forms accompanying each entry. The contest is open from June 1, 2021, to July 31, 2021.
The contest is an amazing opportunity for all the amateur writers of every genre to represent their talent. From poems to short stories to Comic book graphics, the contest includes it all. The winners under each category will be rewarded with trophies and other exciting prizes. The runner-ups will also get gifts. The best part is you can participate in every category at the same time. This will help you know your caliber and what you are good at. All the writing buffs should try their chance.
For the past eighty years now, the Wright Memorial Public Library is working with a vision to transform lives and enrich minds. The aim to offer diverse opportunities for lifelong learning, personal growth, education, and enjoyment, in the center of Oakwood. The library work on the values of empathy, community, curiosity, trust, and impact. With a desire to understand, a library is an inclusive place where people come together with honesty and integrity to make a difference in their lives and the community.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Wright Memorial Public Library|
|Educational Level||Students in 12th grade and below|
|Number of Awards||5|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
All the students who are in 12th standard or under are eligible to participate in the Young Writers Contest. The Contest will be held under five categories mentioned below:
- Short Stories: an impactful story said in a maximum of one paragraph.
- Comic Book: A story said in the style of a graphic novel.
- Poetry: All poetic forms will be accepted. Entries may comprise a single poem, or a collection of poems, the condition being the entry should fit on an 8” × 11” long page.
- Tales and Trails: A story related to the Summer Reading Club Theme, ‘Tales and Trails.’
- Wildcard: A story about anything that is composed between June 1 to July 31.
How to Apply?
For participating in the contest, the candidates should follow the stated guidelines:
- Submit your entries to email@example.com
- All your entries should be submitted with the application form. (word or pdf)
- A maximum of five entries is allowed per person. (One entry per category)
- Multiple entries can be submitted in one email.
- Every entry should be accompanied by a separate submission form.
All the individuals participating in the contest will receive one brag tag for each of their entries. The runners up under all the categories will receive bound copies of the selected submissions of the contest, and the winners under each category will get trophies along with the bound copies of selected submissions.
The application is open from June 1, 2021, to July 31, 2021. All the entries should be necessarily submitted within the time frame.