The Miami-dade Public Library System brings to you an amazing opportunity to take part in and receive some exciting awards. It’s time for the individuals who are interested in art and good at art to come forward show us how magic and enchantment come alive at the library through the card you design. The candidate with the best design or winning design will be reproduced as a special limited-edition library card and made available at all Miami-Dade Public Library System locations. The theme is given to the participants for participating in the contest enchantment at the Library. To be eligible for entering the following contest, the candidate must be 3 to 19 years of age and have a Miami-Dade Public Library System card. If one doesn’t have a library card? Visit ecard.mdpls.org to sign up and receive one via email.
All artwork submitted by you must be your original work and can be created digitally or by hand. There is a limit of one entry per artist. Library staff will consider originality and the best interpretation of the theme when judging entries. The winning entry and runners-up will be asked to provide their original artwork and will be contacted with submittal instructions. If the original artwork is not available, the entry will be disqualified. The winner and runners-up will be announced during Teentober in October 2021 and will receive prizes. The winning design will be reproduced as a special limited-edition library card and made available at all Miami-Dade Public Library System locations. All the entries submitted will become the property of the Miami-Dade Public Library System.
The Miami‑Dade Public Library System has been focused for two years on expanding its service hours for the public, investing additional funding into its print and digital collections, advancing its capital plan to renovate existing libraries and improve building infrastructure, updating its technology to provide for faster internet access and new hardware and software for its customers, and developing new innovative partnerships and services that promote learning, literacy, 21st-century skills, and the importance of information and knowledge. Their overall mission is to provide extraordinary services, spaces, and experiences that promote literacy and learning, personal growth, and limitless opportunities.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Miami‑Dade Public Library System|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||September 25, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Participants must be 13 to 19 years of age and have a Miami-Dade Public Library System card. Don’t have a library card? Visit ecard.mdpls.org to sign up and receive one via email.
- Miami-Dade Public Library System employees are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their art following the given instructions:
- Theme: Enchantment at the Library
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist and can be created digitally or by hand.
- Limit one entry per artist.
- A copy of your entry must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by midnight September 25 in JPEG or PDF format and must be no larger than 2MB.
- If you need help scanning and/or emailing your hand-drawn submission, please visit any branch so staff can assist you.
- The email submitted must contain the participant’s name, address, phone number, email, branch, school (if applicable), and the following language for electronic certification:
“I certify that the design submitted is mine and is completely original and does not violate any copyright laws. I grant the Miami-Dade Public Library System (MDPLS) permission to use my name, creative work, and visual image in its publications without recourse.”
For digitally created designs, a digital template compatible with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Photopea is available below.*
- Draw a 3.5” wide x 2.25” high rectangle
- Place guides at .1875” all around
- Draw your design in the rectangle remembering that all-important text/design must be kept within the guides.
Scans, images, and photos that are utilized in your design must be at least 300 DPI (dots per inch) at its actual size (resolution).
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the judging panel based on the originality and the best interpretation of the theme. The winner and runners-up will be announced during Teentober in October 2021 and will receive prizes. The winning design will be reproduced as a special limited-edition library card and made available at all Miami-Dade Public Library System locations.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is September 25, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.