A master of business administration (MBA) is a graduate degree that provides theoretical and practical training for business or investment management. MBA programs typically include core classes in accounting, management, finance, marketing, and business law. Management training is at the heart of any MBA curriculum, with a focus on leadership, planning, business strategy, organizational behaviour, and the more human sides of running a large or small business.
Increasingly, MBA programs are broadening their focus to include training in international business and to focus on the responsibilities and corporate accountability of businesses within their communities. For a software engineer, strong technical skills are a must however, they aren’t enough to get you to the position of CTO (Chief Technology officer). This is because companies today are looking to hire executive officers who have both excellent technical skills and strong business expertise.
MBA courses could be expensive, and its expense almost gets doubled up when you choose an offline course. In order to do an offline class, you would be compelled to leave your job or maybe move to a different place. This will higher up its cost. In today’s world that is absolutely unnecessary. You can complete the course in the comfort of your home and keeping your job. Many top universities offer online MBA programs.
Let us now discuss the best online MBA courses for software engineers.
1. MBA by Questrom School of Business at Boston University
The Questrom School of Business at Boston University offers the top online MBA program for engineers and has a reputation score of 73. The AACSB International has deemed the Questrom School of Business worthy of its elite business accreditation. The key points to note about the course are:
- Questrom formed a partnership with the market-leading online education platform known as edX to create a 45-credit degree.
- The program is designed to provide distance learners with an engaging and rigorous, yet convenient and flexible degree in business management.
- All program requirements can be satisfied in just 12 months of course study.
- A degree like this will reap benefits not only immediately, but also for decades to come.
2. iMBA the Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This course has a reputation score of 49. The core courses available for this online degree are Strategic Leadership and Management, Innovation: From Creativity to Entrepreneurship, Global Challenges in Business, Business Analytics, Value Chain Management, Managerial Economics, Business Analysis, Financial Management, and Digital Marketing. These cutting-edge courses in business will provide students with a high level of business learning. This 18-course degree is referred to by the Gies College of Business as the iMBA. The Gies College of Business program is sectioned off into several modules that allow distance learners to gain essential knowledge and training from a wide field of business specializations. The key points of this course are:
- The degree includes 18 complete courses that add up to 72 credit hours.
- There is no GMAT requirement associated with the program.
3. The AR Sanchez, Jr. School of Business at Texas A&M International University
This course has a reputation score of 9.80. Specialization degree for engineers includes International Banking and Finance, Management, International Business, and International Trade & Logistics. Spanish speakers can also take advantage of one of the nation’s very best specializations in International Business in Spanish through the A. R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. AACSB International is one of the most coveted business accreditations currently available in the world. The A. R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business is accredited by a trusted accreditation entity. U.S. News & World Report once recognized the business school as offering one of the very best online MBA degrees in the nation. The key points to note for the course are:
- The business school course is a 30-credit hour degree
- The tutorial rate is just over $10,000 and is within the group of most affordable degrees within this ranking.
- Admission requirements associated with this program include a Graduate Admission Application, official college/university transcripts, essay stating academic and career future goals and past achievements, and two letters of recommendation.
4. MBA by Pittsburgh State University’s Kelce College of Business
This course offered by the college has a reputation score of 9.80. The Higher Learning Commission accredits Pittsburg State. The key points to note for this course are:
- This is a 30-credit hour degree
- The tuition rate well below $15,000 and is one of the most affordable programs within this listing.
- Specializations are available on International Business, Accounting, and Human Resource Development and the course also offers online general online MBA.
- This degree has a 100% online delivery format.
- Admission requirements do not list GMAT or GRE score submissions.
5. MBA by Marshall University’s Lewis College of Business
This course offered by the college has a reputation score of 9.80. The business school features two high-powered concentrations, including management and military management. Distance learners can also pursue the program as a general online MBA. The AACSB International equips the Lewis College of Business with its remarkable business accreditationThe key points to note for this course are:
- The tuition rate is well under $15,000; therefore, it is one of the most affordable degrees within this ranking of the nation’s best online MBAs for engineering students
- This is a 36-credit hour program.
- The course is designed emphasising on applying theory to real-world practice, polishing student’s critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Admission requirements for this program include the completion of an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
6. MBA by the University of Louisiana at Monroe’s College of Business and Social Sciences
The course offered by this college has a reputation score of 9.80. The business school has in recent years been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as providing one of the best online MBA programs in the nation. The key points for this program are:
- This is a 30-credit program
- An affordable tuition rate of right at $15,000.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business backs this degree by granting the business school its stellar business accreditation.
- All general requirements for admission into the Graduate School.
- There is no GMAT or GRE score submission required at this time.
- Admission documents include a letter of recommendation from a supervisor, a current resume, and a brief essay explaining one’s potential to complete an online MBA.
7. Master of Business Administration by the University of North Alabama’s MBA at the College of Business
The course has a reputation score of 9.80. The program offers this distance degree which includes Executive, Information Systems, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Sales and New Business Development, ERP Systems using SAP, Project Management, Finance, Global Business, and Health Care Management. The key points for the course are:
- The tuition rate of just over $15,000.
- This is a 34-credit hour degree.
- Business school candidates are not responsible for turning in GMAT or GRE test scores as all placement scores are waived for applicants who hold a professional or graduate degree.
- The College of Business admissions office prefers that students have at least four years of management-focused or leadership-oriented professional experience before seeking out this program.
- All program requirements are satisfied through a 100% online format.
8. MBA by the School of Business at Howard University
This is an Executive online MBA is available at the School of Business at Howard University with a credit score of 54.17. It is one of the United States’ best online MBAs. The key features of the course are:
- All course requirements are satisfied through taking classes over the internet.
- The program features no in-person residencies, exams, interviews, or assemblies.
- The training given is to make an impact on the multiple levels of management environments they will oversee when leading for-profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations. Course instructors and professors will guide MBA students to explore purpose and meaning.
- World-class business understanding.
- The tuition rate is under $70,000
9. MBA by Meinders School of Business at Oklahoma City University
The course offered by this college has reputation score of 9.80. Effective Leadership and Communication, Data Analysis for Business Decisions, Accounting for Business Decision Making, Technology and Operations Management, Business Strategy for Creating Value, and Managing at the Crossroads: The Global Economic Environment are some of the excellent classes distance learners will be exposed to throughout this graduate program. The key features of the course are
- Every component from exams, assignments, lectures, and projects within this graduate degree in business is offered through the internet.
- The business school at the university advertises a tuition rate for distance learners of just over $20,000. It is an affordable price for students.
10. MBA by Montford College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado
This course has a reputation score of 89.39. The college currently offers specialization in Healthcare Administration and Human Resource Management. The AACSB International supports the Montford College of Business with its coveted business accreditation. The key features of the course are:
- High-quality education is assured.
- The college exhibits transparent academic integrity.
- The tuition price for this degree is advertised at between $20,000 and $25,000.
- All the course assignments are offered through a 100% online experience.
11. MBA by the College of Business at Bryant University
This course has a 9.80 reputation score. This course is a 31-40 credit hour degree at Bryant.Bryant University has a well-fortified alumnus network that business students will benefit from becoming a part of. The AACSB International accredits Bryant’s College of Business. The key features of the course are:
- The College of Business delivers an accelerated track that allows graduate students to complete all program requirements in just one calendar year.
- The College of Business at Bryant University permits incoming students as online MBA students five times each year.
- The tuition rate of this program sits at just over $20,000, offering a well-spring of value to the business student.
12. MBA by the Raj Soin College of Business at Wright State University
The MBA course has a 9.8 reputation score. The course provides graduate students with one of the top online MBA programs for engineers. Specializations for this degree include:
- Business Economics, Finance
- Healthcare Management
- Project Management
- International Business
- Interdisciplinary Business
- Management, Innovation, and Change
- New Venture Creation.
This course has a credit score is 33-46.5. The key features of the degree are an affordable tuition price of between $20,000 and $25,000. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business backs the Raj Soin College of Business with its stellar business accreditation. There is no GMAT or GRE score submission requirement attached to the admissions process. This degree is designed to be delivered as a 100% online format.
Students seeking an accelerated program can take two courses each term and graduate in just two years. Students with more time restraints due to professional and personal needs can take up to five years to complete all assignments for this degree.