Lewis Rice LLC has sponsored a wonderful “Larry L. Deskins Scholarships” in honour of the contributions and dedication of Larry L. Deskins to the legal profession and Lewis Rice. Larry L. Deskins Scholarships are annual funding programs that support the education of two deserving students by providing them $7,500 as an award amount. This scholarship money will be put toward the tuition and expenses in the Fall academic term of each awardee’s second year of law school. The awardees will also win the chance to be featured on Lewis Rice’s website and other publications, as determined by Lewis Rice. Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2021, and January 21, 2022. These scholarships intend toward promoting law education by supporting needy law students.
To be an ideal candidate, you should be enrolled as a first-year law school student in good standing and be from an economically disadvantaged and/or underrepresented group in the legal profession. You can email your entry to the firm to get considered. Submitting a 750 essay along with transcripts, letters of recommendation and resume are also required. The award decision will be announced by March 31, 2022. Scholarship funds will be distributed in the Fall 2022 academic term. If you are a law student who is in dire need of funding support to cover the tuition fee and other expenses, then you should not miss this opportunity.
Lewis Rice LLC is a team of over 150 lawyers practising in all major legal practice areas. This organization is considered to be a leading regional law firm in the Midwest, serving clients coast-to-coast. It was formed in 1909 and felt pride for serving its communities for more than a century. It enjoys its reputation for excellence and carries resources to serve the demanding and dynamic legal needs of today’s business community.
Check out the table given below for more information
|Organization||Lewis Rice LLC|
|Education Level||First-year law students|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||January 21, 2022|
|Requirements||A 750 essay along with transcripts, letters of recommendation and resume|
Who is Eligible?
Aspirants must be enrolled as first-year law school students in good standing at one of the following institutions:
- Washington University School of Law
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- University of Missouri School of Law
Candidates must be from an economically disadvantaged and/or underrepresented group in the legal profession.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents or otherwise be able to work in the U.S. without limit as to duration or the need for immigration sponsorship.
How to Apply?
Entries should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Scholarship Subcommittee. To be considered, applications must feature the following:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- Essay: No more than 750 words regarding personal challenges confronting the student on his/her/their path to law school and describing how being a student from an economically disadvantaged and/or underrepresented group contributed to those challenges.
- Undergraduate and Law School Transcripts: Copy of applicant’s undergraduate and law school transcripts. (This can be supplemented to the extent the applicant’s law school transcripts are unavailable at the time of submission.)
- Letters of Recommendation: Two (2) letters of recommendation from a professor, employer or other appropriate person, which can be included with the application submission or e-mailed separately to email@example.com.
- Resume: Please limit to one page.
Two winners will be selected at the end of the application period. Each winner will get a $7,500 scholarship that will be credited toward tuition and expenses in the Fall academic term of each awardee’s second year of law school. Moreover, winners will get a chance to be featured on Lewis Rice’s website and in other publications, as determined by Lewis Rice.
The application deadline is January 21, 2022. Late applications will not be taken into consideration for this opportunity.