Students willing to pursue their undergraduate studies from Ithaca College and enjoy the New York living experience can now do so at many affordable rates. The Ithaca College in New York is extending a variety of scholarships to students who are set to start a new educational journey after high school. The scholarships will reduce your financial stress, ultimately resulting in helping create a bright future for students. The scholarship is presented to students who are first-time entering students seeking an undergraduate program of study.
In an attempt to understand the hardships students face in the name of pursuing higher education, the university presents these scholarships to deserving students who show recommendable academic excellence, community engagement, and leadership qualities among many other talents. Students seeking to pursue their higher education at Ithaca and are eligible will receive the benefits of the scholarships and complete a valuable educational experience without having to face financial hurdles. The financial support that the university aims to offer through these scholarships will finally help students concentrate on their goals and enhance their dreams of a successful career.
The college was founded as a music conservatory honing musicians from different corners of the country. Gradually, Ithaca took the shape of a college with various programs, clubs, and organizations. Currently, the institution comprises 6,200 undergraduate students, 470 graduate students, and offers over 200 student clubs and organizations. A private institution it was founded in 1892, and now stands at a campus of 670 acres. The student-faculty ratio at Ithaca College is 10:1, making it a rather intimate space shared by students and faculty.
The following table consists of a brief description of the scholarships:
|Number of Awards||9|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Superior academic achievement
- Maintain a good academic record
- Maintain full-time enrollment
- Be a citizen of the United States
How to Apply
To apply to the scholarships at Ithaca College, the students must complete their CSS Profiles and apply for admissions. There is no separate application for incoming students applying to specific college scholarships. They will be automatically selected for the awards if they meet the eligibility requirements. To avail of certain scholarships, the students may have to submit a separate scholarship application. If students desire to submit the FAFSA, they may do so but is not mandatory to submit the FAFSA.
All the documents required to avail of the scholarships are the same as that of in the time admissions.
The benefits of the scholarships are as follows:
- Ithaca College Scholarships: Educational Funds
- Ithaca College Merit Scholarship: Award amount up to $2,000 for four years
- Ithaca College National Merit Recognition Award: Award amount up to $2,000 for four years
- Ithaca College S-Stem Scholar Program: Award amount of $10,000 per year for four years
- Ithaca Leadership Scholar Program Award: Renewable award amount of $7,000
- Ithaca Premiere Talent Scholarship: Educational Fund
- Martin Luther King Scholar Program: Educational Fund
- Park Scholar Program Award: Educational Fund
- Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Award: Renewable award amount of $2,000 per year
The application deadline is January 15, 2021. Students must submit the applications on or before this date to avail themselves of the benefits of the scholarships. Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered.