Since 1991, the Bay of Somme, an internationally recognized migratory site, has celebrated the return of spring and birds on the occasion of the Bird and Nature Festival. For over 30 years, it has remained an unmissable event for nature lovers, notably with its many outings, its photo competition is now one of the 10 most renowned competitions in Europe. Now this year, the same Festival invites once again amateur and professional photographers to participate in this success. The primary purpose behind this contest is to use photography as an educational and artistic medium to promote knowledge of birds and thus promote commitment to their protection.
The following competition will give rise to an exhibition presented at Le Crotoy during the 31st edition, which will be held from April 9 to 18, 2022. Each participant may present a maximum of 10 photographs. There are 5 categories available aiming at photographers over 18 and one special dedicated to young photographers aged 15 to 17 years old. There is a registration fee for entry: €2 / photo. Payment will be made online with a debit or credit card or via Paypal. (This is a competition and not a commercial lottery, the participation fee will not be refunded). All photographs will be submitted online to a jury composed of photographers, naturalists, and ornithologists, in December. Results will be communicated to the participants by email before the end of January and will be published on the Festival’s website and social networks.
If there’s one thing you’re bound to enjoy in Somme Bay, it’s the Bird and Nature Festival. Spring is the best time for birdwatching, and this annual festival offers nine days of immersion in nature for the whole family. This year during the festival, you can choose from nearly 400 guided tours on foot, horseback, dugouts, or on bicycles, to explore the wonders of nature. There are guides to take you, springing many a surprise on you. You’ll see all facets and colors of nature, probably as never before!
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Festival De L’oiseau|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
This online competition is open to everybody, amateur, and professional photographers, of whatever nationality. The Festival’s team and the jury members are not allowed to join in.
How to Apply?
To enter the contest, you must register and submit your pictures online on the Festival website at this address: https://www.festival-oiseau-nature.com/Concours/en/Concours-photo-international/
Follow the given instructions while submitting your pictures:
- Participants send their files at their own expense and risk through the site.
- The uploaded photos will be visible from their account and a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. (remember to check your spam box!)
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 10 photographs, either in the same or several categories.
- Regarding the category for photographers aged 15 to 17 years: Each participant must have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter. They may submit up to 5 photos. No registration fees for this category.
- Entering selected or award-winning pictures from a previous edition of the competition is forbidden.
- A picture can compete in only one category.
- Files shall be submitted in:
- JPEG format
- free of margin, frame, or signature
- 3:2 ratio
- exactly 3,500 pixels on its longest side (the shortest side should be about 2,333 pixels)
- Numerical settings such as tone and contrast, brightness and darkness adjustment, cropping, sharpening, black-and-white processing, noise reduction, localized retouching are allowed.
- HDR, focus stacking and multiple exposures were taken in the same place at the same time provided that the latter do not mislead the viewer and that this is indicated in the field «Date, location and shooting conditions» when submitting files. 2022 International Wildbird Photo Competition is allowed only in the Artistic Vision of Birds category.
- However, adding and deleting objects is prohibited.
The prizes can not be the object of a counterpart in cash nor of whatever nature and are not transferable.
- The Grand Prix to the overall winner awarded with an amount of €1,500
- A 1st Prize in each category awarded with an amount of €800
- A 1st Prize for the category «Young Photographers» awarded with an amount of 500€
- A Public Prize for the picture which has totalized the more votes from the visitors of the exhibition was awarded an amount of €500.
Each winner will be invited to the Award Ceremony. It will be offered for 2 persons: 1-night hotel with breakfasts / a return train ticket Paris-Abbeville-Paris (SNCF) or the equivalent in cash* / a meal with nominated entrants (directors, producers, and photographers). (Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the Festival on this basis by bank transfer.) Prizes will be awarded to winners within a maximum of 8 months by bank transfer.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is December 1, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.