Are you good at writing essays? Do you want to put your writing skills into use and gain some recognization for your writing talent? If your answer is yes, then the International Drucker Challenge Essay Contest is something that you cannot afford to miss. This contest focuses on the current topic in management. From undergraduate to PhD, all students can take part in this program and show their writing skills. Since it is an international competition, students from around the globe are invited to apply. Candidates must be 18-35 years old. Aspirants will be selected for three places: first, second and third. Besides the cash prize, all the winners will receive other awards such as certificate, Invitation to attend the virtual Gala event and subscription to the Harvard Business Review etc.
Due to the pandemic, everyone had to go through a tough time. Businesses got shut down and lost, and many people lost their jobs or got fired just because companies were in the loss. From private to public sector and small to large, most workplaces had to scramble as the Covid hit in early 2020, and some of them are still scrambling since they have not yet covered the loss they had made during the pandemic. In such a hard situation, few companies remained working well and did not have a loss. The reason behind their sustainability is their managing strategies that worked at that time. It is in this kind of situations that a manager’s mettle is tested. To know the experience of people in such a hard time and encourage them to share their story of how they cope with difficulties, Peter Drucker Society Europe has created this fantastic essay contest that anyone can participate in.
Peter Drucker Society Europe is a not for profit organization that built on Peter Drucker’s fundamental ideas and dedicated to advance a critical, international dialogue between management practitioners, academics, and other stakeholders relative.
Get quick information through this table:
|Organization||Peter Drucker Society Europe|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||June 07, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please have a look at the following requirements before applying:
How to Apply
To be a part of this program, you need to fill out an online application form with accurate information. Please ensure that your information is correct and complete and your application reaches the organization on time.
You have to write down an essay 1500 to 3000 words and send it as a PDF or word document. Your essay might be based on these questions, or you can also create craft a question or topic of your choice that fits within the larger theme:
- What manager or (educational) institution did you see having a positive impact? How, and in what way? As you describe their decision-making or behaviour, you might also engage with other questions: Why is it hard for others to do the same in similar situations? Is it a matter of traits or training? How could managers be better developed in “normal” times to be more capable of dealing with the next trauma?
- And finally, could this also be the moment for the younger generation – digital natives who, unlike their elders, have grown up with societal disruption – to step up and show the way forward? If so, tell how the younger generation could be better (uniquely?) equipped to move through this crisis and its aftermath.
- 1st prize winner will receive a cash prize of € 1.500,
- 2nd and 3rd prize winner will get € 800
Other benefits are:
- Complimentary virtual respectively in-person pass for the 13th Global Peter Drucker Forum, to be held as fully digital event with provision for additional in-person sessions on November 18 afternoon and November 19, if health and travel regulations allow
- Invitation to attend the virtual Gala event with Awards ceremony on November 18
- Opportunity to win the Special Recognition Award for the most original essay
- Certificate with ranking
- Invitation to join the exclusive Drucker Challenge Alumni Community on social media networks
- One-year-all-access subscription to the Harvard Business Review
- Ranking list and link to your essay on www.druckerchallenge.org, Drucker Forum Newsletter, and social media
- Your essay may be re-published by your university/company with credits given to Peter Drucker Society Europe
- Funding for travel expenses: If health regulations allow, you may consider travelling to Vienna. Your international travel and accommodation costs for attending the Forum will then be reimbursed based on our travel process & policy.
The application deadline is June 07, 2021. Please send your entry as early as possible for better consideration.