Interested in Journalism? Here is a great advantage for students interested in journalism IAIA’s NBCU Academy is providing scholarships to students who are being IAIA’s new Certificate in Broadcast Journalism and are studying in their third or fourth year. IAIA’s NBCU Academy is looking forward to providing optimum education to students for their better future. They are taking the step by extending scholarships to students and providing them with a quality life. IAIA’s NBCU Academy is taking an excellent move to complete the wish of the student who is in their third or fourth and planning to make a career in journalism.
The important mission of the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) is “To empower leadership in Native Arts and cultures through higher education, life-long learning, and outreach.” They aim towards influencing the creativity of the students and encourage them to show the creativity of the people in the community through journalism. IAIA’s NBCU Academy is arranging this scholarship program to influence and encourage creativity in young minds.
Since 2021 they have declared a scholarship of $10,000 to the third or fourth-year students. NBC Universal News Group selected the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) to be a part of the initial cohort of institutions to enroll in the launch of NBCU Academy, an innovative, multi-platform journalism training and progressive program for a four-year university and college students that offers education, on-campus training, and online programming. It includes a curated onsite curriculum for a hands-on learning experience with world-class NBCU News Group journalists, funding for accredited programs. The program motivates the students for higher education, needs, and inspires. IAIA’s NBCU Academy understands that completing higher education is very difficult considering students’ expenses, and for supporting adequately with their needs, these scholarships have been created.
Table of Contents
Kindly go through the table given here for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||IAIA’s NBCU Academy|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||June 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly check the needs to make you eligible for this scholarship:
- Applicant must have legal permission to work in the United States with visa sponsorship by IAIA.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above at the time of application
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of 60 undergraduate credit hours
- Fellows must attend NBCU Academy seminars and events
- Applicants must have diverse or underrepresented community affiliation
- Candidates must be declared with an IAIA Broadcast Journalism Certificate
How to Apply
All the candidates are requested to fill the complete form with all the valid and complete information. An application must be submitted before the due date through the online process provided in the link. Fellows must complete the online application and submit it before the due date. Demonstrated commitment to media studies coursework or involvement in on-campus
The following required documents must be met by the applicant while applying:
- Applicant must give proof of being Enrolled in an IAIA BA or BFA program
- Fellows must submit a personal one-page essay stating:
- Interest in journalism or broadcast-related career after graduation
- Demonstrated dedication to diversity and inclusion at school or in their community
- The fellow must provide a work sample, either a written sample in journalism or creative nonfiction, or link to video work sample in documentary or broadcast
- The fellow must fill out a FAFSA and show financial need
The funds must only be Consumed to pay students’ academic needs like tuition, fees, and other related costs. These programs encourage students to achieve their goals overcoming the struggle. Through this scholarship, students will explore themselves in journalism and show their creativity and art. The process of these scholarships is too easy. These programs help students make the most of their careers.
The submissions are currently being accepted till June 1, 2021.