Christophers is organizing High School Poster Contest, the theme for the poster contest is “You Can Make a Difference”. High school students who are citizens of the United States are in grades 9 through 12 are invited to enter our 31st Annual Poster Contest.
The purpose of organizing the High School Poster Contest is to enlighten the high school students about the essence of positive difference. The contest encourages students to express their consideration and exhibit their creative skills in front of a large audience.
Established in 1945, The Christophers is a non-profit group that uses the media to promote two simple ideas: There’s no one like you, and you can make a difference. This message is addressed to people of all religions and no specific faith focused on the principle of service to God and all humanity. “The motto of Christopher is:” It is easier to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
For further information about the scholarship programme, students must refer to the given table:
|Educational Level||High School|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||February 18, 2021|
Who May be Eligible?
The applicants interested in applying for High School Poster Contest must comply with the eligibility criteria-
- The applicant must be a high school student.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
How to Apply?
The application process for the High School Poster Contest is very simple. The applicant has to create a poster interpreting the theme “You Can Make a Difference”. If you draw, paint or handmade your posters, then please mail the posters to High School Poster Contest THE CHRISTOPHERS, 5 Hanover Square, 22nd Floor New York, NY 10004. And if you digitally created your poster, please submit it online as a .jpg file.
- Posters must contain the message “You can make a difference” and highlight the principle that the world can be changed for the better by one person.
- Each poster must be one student’s work.
- The original work of the student entering must be the poster layout and design and any images or artwork used.
- If used, posters must have a dimension of 16 x 20 inches, including a border or sheet.
- The poster must be either laminated or coated with clear plastic if charcoal, pastel, or glitter are used.
- On the back of the poster, the following details must be included: the name of the student, mailing address, e-mail (if available), telephone number, school address, name of the teacher, and grade.
- Please do not include your entry with glass, tacks, staples, or any other breakable or sharp objects.
- For the poster’s security, flat shipping is suggested.
- The overall effect, efficiency in conveying the theme, originality and artistic value of posters will be judged. Decisions by the judges are final.
- Until cash prizes will be awarded, winning applicants who are U.S. citizens or residents will be asked to submit their Social Security number.
- All entries become The Christophers’ property. Posters Unable to Return.
The High School Poster Contest will award $1000 for the first prize, $500 for the second prize, $250 for the third prize, $100 for the five honourable mentions. This award will help the students to pay for their school tuition, books, and other school-related items. The award will aid them in overcoming financial barriers.
Entrants should apply for the scholarship and submit all the materials required before the deadline to be considered. The deadline for the High School Contest is February 18, 2021. No application further than the deadline will be approved.