HECUA is offering scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing their education in the United States and are enrolled in one of the HECUA member colleges or universities. All the scholarships are aimed at helping the students with their tuition fees and related expenses. To apply, you are requested to fill the online application forms and submit the required documents which may include your official transcript, proof of enrollment, etc. The early bird deadline is November 1 and the regular deadline to complete the application process for the January term and spring scholarships are December 1.
The cost of education has been consistently rising in the country and it many a time become an obstacle in the process of education of a brilliant young mind. With these scholarships, you can remove that hurdle and aid your education to achieve your dreams. It is not easy to survive in society if you are racially or socially discriminated against or if you face challenges due to less family income. Therefore, HECUA aims to help you overcome all these barriers and work hard to build a better career for yourself and payback to the community.
HECUA is a non-profit group of 26 colleges and universities. The consortium has a history of providing experiential off-campus programs in collaboration with local communities in the US and abroad. They offer off-campus programs for students with an aim to do integrative intellectual, political, and artistic work in support of movements for social justice and peace.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||November 1|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for applying to the scholarships are as follows:
- The applicants must be enrolled in one of the HECUA’s member college or university.
- The applicants must have a program application on file for a semester-long US or international HECUA program.
- The applicant must be enrolled into an undergraduate or graduate level program.
How to Apply?
Each scholarship has its own application form. Click on the “apply now” given before the program you want to apply to access the application form:
- Scholarship for racial justice: Apply Now
- Scholarship for social justice: Apply Now
- Scholarship for community engagement: Apply Now
- The Gerardo Marin Scholarship for Community internships in Latin America: Apply Now
- Scholarship for DREAMer and DACA students: Apply Now
Different scholarships offer different kinds of benefits. All of them are listed below:
- Scholarship for racial justice: $4,000
- Scholarship for social justice: $1,500
- Scholarship for community engagement: $750 for semester long exams, and $500 for short-term programs.
- The Gerardo Marin Scholarship for Community internships in Latin America: $500
- Scholarship for DREAMer and DACA students: $2,100
The deadline to fill the scholarship applications are as follows:
- November 1: Early bird deadline for January term and spring scholarships.
- December 1: Regular deadline for January term and spring scholarships.